Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Signal Sunday, CTC-Palmer Lake, CO

Date: 04/20/14 02:11
Signal Sunday, CTC-Palmer Lake, CO
Author: waycar_rider

Here is the CTC signal at Palmer Lake, CO. The CTC runs from Crews up to Palmer Lake. Palmer Lake goes back being double track track warrant territory.

This was the only time that I had sun light being up there for four hours.

Gary A. Rich
Aurora, CO

Date: 04/20/14 10:35
Re: Signal Sunday, CTC-Palmer Lake, CO
Author: santafe199

Every time I see a searchlight signal I feel like I'm stealing a precious glance back into history...

Lance

Date: 04/20/14 10:50
Author: ts1457

waycar_rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the CTC signal at Palmer Lake, CO. The CTC
> runs from Crews up to Palmer Lake. Palmer Lake
> goes back being double track track warrant
> territory.

Gary, your picture prompted me to take a look at the area on Google Satellite. I see a few areas where adding a second track would be expensive, but it looks like it could be done. Is there some constraint (other than financial) that keeps a second track from being laid?

Date: 04/20/14 20:24
Author: CPW548

One side is owned by BNSF (majority of traffic), the single track is owned by UP(very little traffic). Why would UP invest money in a line that would benefit their competitor? And why would BNSF invest the money to double track something UP owns? Throw in all the nimbys and the US Air Force Academy, and you can see why it has (since 1974 single tracking) and will always be a bottle neck. If anybody could have predicted the flood of trains the PRB would bring it probably would have been done at the time they removed the old ATSF alignment through Colorado Springs.

Zach Green
Parker, CO

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds