Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Fan is Born [additional evidence]

Date: 04/23/14 17:29
A Fan is Born [additional evidence]
Author: santafe199

Yesterday morning (22nd) my good friend & fellow Kansas Gangster PRose/Bob Helling posted a thread about his brand-new 4-legged railfan partner “Mrytle”. (here’s a link to that thread: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3387726> ) Bob got the thread posted, then he & his new partner set forth from Salina to join SCKP187, oklachaser & myself in chasing the UP deadhead move of 18 business cars down the old Rock Island GSR.

After a successful chase all parties met up at the old Santa Fe depot in McPherson, KS. I’m here to tell you that Bob does indeed have a new loyal but ‘highly excitable’ partner. Here she is telling Bob how to shoot a K&O consist sitting nearby. I figure she has a right to tell Bob how to shoot pics. After all, he made HER drive the car… ;^)

1. Myrtle, telling Bob to get a little better angle on that roster shot.
(K9 railfan portrait taken April 22, 2014 in McPherson, KS)

Woof!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 04/23/14 17:33
Re: A Fan is Born [additional evidence]
Author: BNSF-6432

Glad to see a four legged fan out there! We had our mutt Bob along for the ride one day and it just so happened when we got up to the tracks we met a westbound train. The crossing we were watching from was a quiet zone so all the noise being made was a bell and the rumbling. Once he realized what was coming his direction, he stared, took several steps back, ears went down and he darted underneath the car chair. I guess those orange BNSF GEs were just too ugly for him!

PQM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/14 17:35 by BNSF-6432.

Date: 04/23/14 18:09
Author: lilwes

I take my 10 year old dachshund, Killer, with me often. He is a lot of great company out there, but like yours Bob a little critical at times.
later...Wes

Wes Chiles
Topeka, KS

Date: 04/23/14 18:28
Author: PRose

santafe199 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After all, he made HER drive the
> car… ;^)

Are you sure you didn't sneak over here and teach her how to drive?? She drives like a maniac! Reminds me of riding with you
when you're on the chase. Myrtle is not talking. :)

Roberto
PRose

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/14 18:30 by PRose.

Date: 04/23/14 19:30
Author: santafe199

PRose Wrote:
> ... Myrtle is not talking.

Like my signature says: WOOF... :^P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/14 19:32 by santafe199.

Date: 04/23/14 19:43
Author: upkpfan

She is saying, get me out of here so I can inspect this big thing. upkpfan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds