Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hey! You Was Supposed To Be A Southbound Train...

Date: 04/24/14 07:46
Hey! You Was Supposed To Be A Southbound Train...
Author: oklachaser

I was heading back home after a day of chasing trains on UP's Wagoner Sub in OK when I saw the NB local stopped at the north end of Hanson siding. Since this is CTC territory I figured there was a SB train coming. After waiting for close to a hour expecting a south bounder I heard a train blowing for a crossing to the south. Luckily I was in a position to shoot either a southbound or northbound train. Just goes to show when you think you have things figured out you get your thinking changed for you. It all worked out in the end anyway. Here's the NB UP 6963, 5572 & 6674 at the north end of siding at Hanson OK.
Photos taken April 18, 2014.

2 more to follow.

Date: 04/24/14 07:52
Re: Hey! You Was Supposed To Be A Southbound Train...
Author: oklachaser

Last 2 photos.

Thanks for looking.
Ronda Thomas

Date: 04/24/14 08:03
Author: SP8595

Nice catch on one of the winged nose ex-6,000 horsepower AC6000CW's! That train was the GSGVGE-15 (Grain-Galveston, TX-Salina))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/14 09:58 by SP8595.

Date: 04/24/14 10:09
Author: mexrail

SP8595 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice catch on one of the winged nose ex-6,000
> horsepower AC6000CW's! That train was the
> GSGVGE-15 (Grain-Galveston, TX-Salina))

If this train is destined Salina it sure is moving out of route via Little Rock and KC! Straight shot route would be via FT. Worth-Wichita-Lost Springs-Abilene to Salina.

Mexrail

Date: 04/24/14 18:03
Author: BNSF-6432

Looks like you lucked out by getting the better sunlight with that surprise! Really like number 4

PQM

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds