Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > WSOR at night in the rain

Date: 07/13/14 13:17
WSOR at night in the rain
Author: inCHI

Last night I got the feeling I wouldn't be falling asleep even if I tried, so I went to the nearest place to me in Chicago with freight traffic - the Metra MILW-N line. Each night both a northbound and southbound Wisconsin Southern freight use trackage rights on the line to reach Clearing Yard. Except for unusual circumstances, these are always nighttime moves through Chicago.

The first photo shows the last outbound Metra train of the night pulling into Edgebrook. Shortly afterwards, the WSOR northbound came through. About an hour later the WSOR southbound came through.

The video shows all of both of the WSOR trains, but the southbound is first because I got complete video of it. With the northbound The front is cut off because I opted to get the photo above.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/13/14 14:57
Re: WSOR at night in the rain
Author: robj

Good work, when I have been out the northbound may not show up but then I was out mostly in winter. One night at Glenview #8 was so late
I was looking for the WSOR when they came through. #8 dimmed its light but I didn't catch on and the WSOR blasted from behind.
I was well off the side of the platform but I was embarrassed to be caught by surprise and enough out of sorts to end the night.
Bob

Date: 07/13/14 16:02
Author: bnsfsd70

Very nice shots!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 07/14/14 07:49
Author: ntharalson

Good stuff! Now a question. Does WSOR power and crew lay over in
Chicago? That seems something of a waste, although I don't have the big picture here.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 07/18/14 07:48
Author: Englewood

The WSOR power lays over all day in Clearing. The southbound WSOR arrives Clearing in the early morning (the crew dies at 0800 so it is normally in before that) and the northbound crew is usually on duty around 1900 at Clearing. The WSOR schedule is driven by the fact that there are no meeting places on the WSOR main line and Metra only allows certain operating windows on their Fox Lake Line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/14 07:49 by Englewood.

Date: 07/29/14 07:41
Author: Timbo64

I just joined Trainorders and yours is the first video I've watched on this website.
Very nice work!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0764 seconds