Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UPRR Engineering Special Inquiry

Date: 07/23/14 23:07
UPRR Engineering Special Inquiry
Author: CP_M260

I've heard through the 'grape vine' that Union Pacific is going to operate an engineering special, with UP *6936 as power, traveling throughout the Midwest, starting Monday, July 28 in Council Bluffs, IA.

The information I was given says the train would leave Council Bluffs on the 28th, and travel down the Falls City Subdivision to Kansas City, and ultimately Jefferson City, MO where the train would tie up for the night, before traveling East the following morning.

*I'm posting this inquiry to see if anyone can offer insight as to whether the information below is accurate or not*

This the schedule for the train that I've been given;

July 28th : Council Bluffs (IA) - Falls City (NE) - Kansas City (MO/KS) - Jefferson City (MO)

July 29th : Jefferson City (MO - St Louis (MO) - Chester (IL) - Jonesboro (AR) - Wynne (AR) - Memphis (TN)

July 30th : Memphis (TN) - Brinkley (AR) - Pine Bluffs (AR) - White Bluff (AR) - Hoxie (AR) - De Soto (MO) - St Louis (MO)

July 31st : St Louis (MO) - Springfield (IL) - Pena (IL) - Villa Grove (IL) - Rockwell (IL) - Kenosha (WI) - Milwaukee (WI)

August 1 : Milwaukee (WI) - Adams (WI) - Altoona (WI) - Superior (WI) - Albert Lea (MN) - Mason City (IA)

August 2 : Mason City (IA) - Des Moines (IA) - Kansas City (MO/KS) - Falls City (NE) - Omaha (NE)

Any confirmation or corrections to this schedule, the train's routing or the locomotive(s) used on this train would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any information,
-Dalton

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/14 23:45 by CP_M260.

Date: 07/23/14 23:37
Re: UPRR Engineering Special Inquiry
Author: dan

6936 here enroute east

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/14 23:52 by dan.

Date: 07/24/14 06:33
Author: CPRR

What The heck? Must be a shippers special, being that long, or does the boss want to take friends/family for a vacation?

Date: 07/24/14 07:23
Author: mg8711

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What The heck? Must be a shippers special, being
> that long, or does the boss want to take
> friends/family for a vacation?

The train pictured is the CFD special being pulled back to Council Bluffs after being used between Cheyenne and Denver. Thus the 6936 is in Council Bluffs and is now said to be awaiting use on an inspection train.
At least that's what I'm understanding.

Lucas

Date: 07/27/14 04:47
Author: Carondelet

Well, they can't go through Springfield and/or Pana and Villa Grove at the same time. That's the only hole I see in the logic.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0652 seconds