Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cajon, Needles, Cima, and Mojave Subdivision Action

Date: 07/26/14 15:53
Cajon, Needles, Cima, and Mojave Subdivision Action
Author: z-trains

Two days ago, my father and I went out to the Cajon Subdivision to do some railfanning, and try and get Amtrak's late-running Southwest Chief at Oro Grande. We succeeded in both ventures, capturing a variety of BNSF and UP trains on the Cajon, Needles, Cima, and Mojave subdivisions throughout the day. Featured in this video is (Clip 1) a westbound BNSF intermodal train passing through Oro Grande at Sunrise, (Clip 2) Amtrak's Southwest Chief, a few hours later at the same location, (Clip 3) a westbound UP loaded grain train heading towards an elevator in Fontana, California, passing through Hodge with a brand-new ES44AH in charge, (Clip 4) a mixed intermodal/autorack train with a brand-new ES44c4 and UP DASH 8-40CW passing westbound through Nebo, (Clip 5) the same train at East Barstow, (Clip 6) an Eastbound intermodal train passing through Oro Grande at Sunset. The full video is on my YouTube channel, Railfanjunction, under the title "HD: Cajon, Needles, Cima, and Mojave Subdivision Railfanning in July 2014". The picture attached is of Amtrak at Oro Grande, the same as the video clip.

Cheers,

Zach
www.z-trains.com
Railfanjunction on YouTube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/14 17:03 by z-trains.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/26/14 16:06
Re: Cajon, Needles, Cima, and Mojave Subdivision Railfa
Author: retnkxe9

Wow! Proof that "Mojave Magic" wasn't a lucky fluke. Keep it up, please.

John Tilton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/14 16:12 by retnkxe9.

Date: 07/26/14 16:18
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice view at Oro Grande.
JB

Date: 07/26/14 16:57
Author: ProAmtrak

Great video!

Date: 07/26/14 17:32
Author: photobob

The shot of the Chief is superb.

Date: 07/26/14 23:40
Author: mapboy

I like that angle with Amtrak at Oro Grande! Kind of makes Oro Grande cement plant look like a modernistic spaceport!

mapboy

Date: 07/27/14 06:29
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds