Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF OCS Night-Chase

Date: 07/27/14 19:32
BNSF OCS Night-Chase
Author: CP_M260

Last night, I found out that a BNSF office car special was on its way back to Kansas City, from Whitefish, MT. After some 'data mining', I hopped in the car and headed North in an attempt to intercept the train somewhere. As I clicked off the miles, there was no sign of the OCS, and the sun was quickly setting.

About 2145, well after the sun had set, the dispatcher finally called BNSF 8033 East - the lead unit on the OCS. I found an 'artificially lit' crossing in St. Joseph, MO to wait for the train. After the passage of a grain train, train O WHITOP passed through St. Joe about 2215, complete with a full dome on the rear of the train.

After the train went through St. Joseph, I set out on an un-organized game of leapfrog with the train for about 60 minutes.

1. - 3. Reminsicent of CB&Q passenger trains some 5 decades prior, the stainless steel passenger cars looked sharp passing through Northern St. Joseph under sodium-vapor lighting

Date: 07/27/14 19:36
Re: BNSF OCS Night-Chase
Author: CP_M260

4. A 30 second exposure captures the entire length of the train passing through Rushville, MO about 2250, with a 'silver streak' on the right side of the frame illuminated by my headlights

5. My final leg of the 'chase', was the East end of Armour Siding at 2310, about 5 miles North of Rushville, where the train was put 'in the hole' to meet at least 3 Westbounds.

Thanks for looking,
-Dalton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/14 19:51 by CP_M260.

Date: 07/27/14 22:33
Author: sd39

Very nice indeed!

Clarence

Date: 07/28/14 07:10
Author: twjurgens

Cool pics!

Date: 07/28/14 16:22
Author: KCCharlie

Dalton; I really like the last shot with the starry sky, good job.

KCCharlie

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0552 seconds