Home Open Account Help 396 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Barstow Questions

Date: 07/28/14 11:31
Barstow Questions
Author: Ghostrainachapi

Hello. I Am taking my son to Barstow on AMTK via BFD. We should be there around the 17th of August. Any info in regards to Barstow greatly appreciated. Any good train watching hotels/ motels info appreciated as well. TIA/ AIA/ KFC/ BET

Date: 07/28/14 11:33
Re: Barstow Questions
Author: slug96

The Ramada hotel in Barstow has a good view of the tracks from room 202, 204, 302, or 304 are good rooms.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/28/14 12:54
Author: Auburn_Ed

I concur with the Ramada suggestion. though I don't know the exact rooms. I've stayed there and can tell you the trains a CLOSE and OFTEN.

Ed

Date: 07/28/14 17:14
Author: coach

I've stayed at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS in town, and it was very nice. Didn't have a train watiching room, though, but I could hear them all night long switching.

Date: 07/28/14 20:58
Author: aronco

For a good quick lunch, albeit somewhat fast food, Tom's Mega A Burger East of McDonalds. Select the booth that sits at an angle to the main line right behind the restaurant. Linger over lunch as the trains roar by.

Norm

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Date: 07/29/14 11:45
Author: septacarczar

I have also stayed at the Ramada on several occasions...most recently in April of this year.. room 318.. also a very good view

Date: 07/29/14 12:06
Author: bmarti7

Ditto on Tom's

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0628 seconds