Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some pics from Kingman.

Date: 07/28/14 15:55
Some pics from Kingman.
Author: syscom3

On Saturday, my daughter was having a girls only party and she kicked me out of the house for the day. I took tht as an opportunity to check things out at Kingman.

I found a pretty good spot to begin the mornings activities. A good view of both tracks. The track for this set of pictures is for westbounds.

Date: 07/28/14 15:58
Re: Some pics from Kingman.

There was a steady flow of westbound intermodals all morning. About 4 per hour easy. After seeing orange engines, it was nice to see a different colored one.

Date: 07/28/14 16:00

The second picture here is an eastbound. Its an interesting perspective to see it go through the narrow cut.

Date: 07/28/14 16:01

From this location, you have a great view of eastbounds.

Date: 07/28/14 16:03

For the 2nd picture; Hooray! A manifest is coming.

Date: 07/28/14 16:07

Picture 2; I wanted to try out my polarizer filter. To te south of Kingman, an ominous thundercell was forming.

Picture 3; I shifted positions to the opposite of where I was, to the other side of the bridge. Another ominous thundercell was forming.

Thats all for today. I will post more tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Date: 07/28/14 16:57
Author: TCnR

Tell us about the polarizer when you get a chance. Who made it? Any particular reason for a polarizer? Any differences compared to an old fashion film polarizer?

Kingman is a lot of fun, thanks for the reminder.

Date: 07/28/14 17:11
Author: coach

See that paved road in the wash in the first photos? Someone told me that road was the earliest version of Route 66, before they improved it and moved it up onto the hillside.

Date: 07/28/14 17:33
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 07/28/14 20:04
Author: TCnR

The road on the north side of the canyon is clearly one of the older routes. The other road goes from a ball field to an area south of town. Hard to tell of it's origin, maybe someone has photos. I would think at one time there was only one RR track as well.
coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See that paved road in the wash in the first
> photos? Someone told me that road was the
> earliest version of Route 66, before they improved
> it and moved it up onto the hillside.

Date: 07/29/14 05:42
Author: zchcsse

Very nice. You found my favorite "perch" in Kingman Canyon!

-Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0605 seconds