Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nighttime Baretable and #14 In Chatsworth, CA

Date: 08/15/14 13:49
Nighttime Baretable and #14 In Chatsworth, CA
Author: BNSF-6432

A few days ago I returned from a week long family vacation to California in the Los Angeles area. I'm still working on pictures which I'll post sometime later but for now I have a clip of a couple trains passing through Chatsworth, CA several miles north of Burbank, CA on the SP. We were staying at the Staybridge hotel quite a few blocks from the tracks, and would of had a nice view if it wasn't for buildings between us and the tracks. Thanks to the scanner (and a little hunger) I had time to run down late at night to the tracks after hearing a southbound UP train calling out a signal north of town at 23:30. Just as I arrived on foot a headlight was appearing out of the dark so I shot the video and headed back to Del Taco right by the hotel for a night chicken taco. Second clip is #14 flying by the Chatsworth station last Friday afternoon with 3 private cars I believe were added in LA

First clip taken 8/7/14 second clip 8/8/14

PQM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/14 13:54 by BNSF-6432.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/15/14 14:05
Re: Nighttime Baretable and #14 In Chatsworth, CA
Author: FrensicPic

Begin and end my daily Metrolink commutes from there each day. Looks like you were at Lassen Street for the night shot.
Nice shot of the Coast Starlight passing through the station on Track Two.

Date: 08/15/14 16:48
Author: electromac

NIceeeeeee.

Date: 08/16/14 01:45
Author: Fizzboy7

Good show! Indeed, first clip is on Lassen and the new bus flyover. I must say, the positioning of the traffic signals for eastbound Lassen is dangerous. You have the crossing gates, then the tracks, then the traffic signal on the other side of the tracks. Anyone can be confused enough to cross over the tracks to stop for a red light at the signal, putting them right ontop of everything. To be continued I'm sure...

Date: 08/16/14 08:49
Author: Cajon92

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

~Ryan

Date: 08/16/14 21:37
Author: BNSF-6432

Fizzboy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good show! Indeed, first clip is on Lassen and
> the new bus flyover. I must say, the positioning
> of the traffic signals for eastbound Lassen is
> dangerous. You have the crossing gates, then the
> tracks, then the traffic signal on the other side
> of the tracks. Anyone can be confused enough to
> cross over the tracks to stop for a red light at
> the signal, putting them right ontop of
> everything. To be continued I'm sure...

Actually for this reason (Id believe) theres a light right above the crossing signals thats synced in with the intersection lights. Example Theyll go red the same time the intersection does so no one winds up stopped on the tracks

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds