Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > West Quincy Derailment.

Date: 08/27/14 07:50
West Quincy Derailment.
Author: Q-GP30

At around 5AM it appears the West Quincy Switcher sideswiped a incoming train. From photos from media it appears a inbound on #2 lead was sideswiped by the switcher on the north ladder and at least five cars are on the ground. Hopefully it did not block main as the RBBB Red train is due to East thru there this evening.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/14 08:05
Re: West Quincy Derailment.
Author: Top_bullfrog

Q-GP30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully it
> did not block main as the RBBB Red train is due to
> East thru there this evening.

The only move I can find about the circus train doing in California is up the SF Penninsula from San Jose to San Francisco, and evidently, that happened yesterday.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3502278

EDIT: Upon doing some research, it appears that this is Quincy, Missouri. This is why people need to label the location or state of their posts, because places can have the same names nationwide.

Top_bullfrog
Sacramento, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/14 08:08 by Top_bullfrog.

Date: 08/27/14 08:25
Author: robj

Right, state helps, but West Quincy is in MO, Quincy is in Illinois and wherever else.

Bob

Date: 08/27/14 08:44
Author: 2ebright

Knowing the state the subject line refers to is really important. Just for fun I checked a ZIP code register and there is a Quincy in 12 states; CA,KY,OH,FL,MA,PA,IL,MI,WA,IN,MO and WV.

Dick

Date: 08/27/14 09:16
Author: Top_bullfrog

robj Wrote:
> Right, state helps, but West Quincy is in MO,
> Quincy is in Illinois and wherever else.
>
> Bob

Right, but each Quincy also has a geographical West Quincy, just like they have a South Quincy, North Quincy and East Quincy. Just because it's the name of a place in MO doesn't mean that everyone automagically knows where it is.

Top_bullfrog
Sacramento, CA

Date: 08/27/14 09:48

No such thing as Quincy MO, just West Quincy MO site of BNSF yard. Red train is eastbound out of KC

Date: 08/27/14 09:50

Sorry for the confusion people, but BNSF has no presence in Quincy IL, all operations there was leased to Burlington Junction several years ago. If you look at a BNSF map they only recognize West Quincy. This thread was referenced to West Quincy MO on the BNSF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/14 09:51 by Q-GP30.

Date: 08/27/14 10:51
Author: PumpkinHogger

No presence? Er, and the mainline to Galesburg is .. ???

Q-GP30 Wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion people, but BNSF has no
> presence in Quincy IL, all operations there was
> leased to Burlington Junction several years ago.
> If you look at a BNSF map they only recognize West
> Quincy. This thread was referenced to West Quincy
> MO on the BNSF

Date: 08/27/14 11:15
Author: toledopatch

PumpkinHogger Wrote:
> No presence? Er, and the mainline to Galesburg is
> .. ???
>

The mainline between Galesburg, Ill., and West Quincy, Mo., skirts downtown Quincy, Ill., but I don't know the area well enough to say if it enters the city limits. The Quincy, Ill., Amtrak station is in a suburban-esque area northeast of the city center.

Date: 08/27/14 12:32

Mainline to Galesburg is all BNSF has inside Quincy IL, all other trackage is BJRY.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/14 13:16
Author: DelMonteX

With all due respect, I think the point is that the addition of two letters (MO), makes it clear to all readers. Those that know and those of us who would like to know. I've found myself guilty of the same omission from time to time.

Steve Carter
Gig Harbor, WA
My Photography

Date: 08/27/14 19:26
Re: West Quincy MO Derailment.
Author: burlingtonjohn

This was the state of affairs this afternoon at about 1335. Eastbound RBBX OS Palmyra MO this evening at 2000.

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 08/27/14 20:27
Re: West Quincy MO Derailment.
Author: Spoony81

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds