Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Anybody care about CP southbound in Oreg?

Date: 08/27/14 13:32
Anybody care about CP southbound in Oreg?
Author: jdb

A southbound, I'm going to call it a grain train, went through Salem about 12:10PM. Most of the cars were Richardson but there were a few others. The head end power was UP, CP, CP, and I didn't get the numbers. Pushing backwards on the rear was CP9813.

I would expect it to make K Falls in daylight except for the fact that a freight whacked a car at Oakridge. (maybe just west of) Don't know any details except that it is delaying trains (AMTRAK) through the area.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/14 13:35 by jdb.

Date: 08/27/14 16:38
Re: Anybody care about CP southbound in Oreg?
Author: Gene_CA

Daughter on 14 (26) says they were held south of Eugene. Possibly by the same incident and are predicting Seattle around 10 PM.

Date: 08/27/14 17:20
Author: TCnR

Those Richardson grain trains are monsters. They often hit Dunsmuir in the afternoon, usually have head-end power, midtrains and a rear-DPU. Sometimes 3x5x1, or 3x3x1, or just 5x1.

Date: 08/27/14 17:49

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those Richardson grain trains are monsters. They
> often hit Dunsmuir in the afternoon, usually have
> head-end power, midtrains and a rear-DPU.
> Sometimes 3x5x1, or 3x3x1, or just 5x1.

TCnR: Didn't know what I was looking at. This was a 3x1. I'd kinda like to know if they added power. I've always thought that they were set up out of Portland to take "the hill."

Gene_CA Wrote:
> Daughter on 14 (26) says they were held south of
> Eugene. Possibly by the same incident and are
> predicting Seattle around 10 PM.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/32071958-75/driver-seriously-injured-when-struck-by-union-pacific-train-near-westfir.html.csp

Finally found something on this. This is a one lane dirt road. Difficult for any emergency equipment to get there. It looked like #14 was being held at the west end (north end UP.....east end SP.....west end geographically) of Oakridge.

As for your daughters trip to Seattle. She is following #508 which is a new Talgo set today. That shouldn't be a problem. They both have a slow order just south of Oregon City. That plus the Oregon City stop for #508 might hold #14 up a tad. After Portland, #508 "should" run away from #14.

#14 has to meet #11 and it looks like that will be a good meet at Millersburg.

#14 has to meet #507. #507 frequently gets to be the one that does the waiting here.

Should gain some time at Portland. Maybe 30 minutes. And going into Seattle, should pick up about 50 minutes. If everything goes the way of #14 it might make it just after 10:00.

jb

Date: 08/27/14 20:30
Author: portlander

Mid train dpu's are added in Eugene and removed in Roseville.

Date: 08/27/14 20:58

portlander Wrote:
> Mid train dpu's are added in Eugene and removed in
> Roseville.

Thanks, I've often wondered about that.

To Gene_CA Somethin's going on north of Portland. Neither 508 or 14 are doing their best speed. I haven't seen 508 over 65 and they should have been doing 80. Speed for 14 is 70 and I haven't seen them over 65. Heat restriction???

jb

Date: 08/27/14 22:25
Author: upbuddyboy

Wish I'd have known this was coming...I could have seen it before it got to Salem

Date: 08/28/14 12:54
Author: RD10747

Is it a Selkirk or Jubilee??...

Date: 08/28/14 21:13
Author: portlander

Added 5 to the middle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0645 seconds