Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2

Date: 08/27/14 19:41
NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2
Author: nomosantafe

Continuing my vacation in the NW

TO member Flash 34 sent me a Private Message inviting me to join him at Garibaldi on Saturday as he was going to be the engineer that weekend on the Oregon Coast Scenic RR.

Saturday 8/16

1. MCRR 25 NB at Barview, OR

2. MCRR 25 NB by Smith Lake at Camp Magruder United Methodist Church Camp near Rockaway, OR

3. Flash34 at the throttle

Nomosantafe
Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West Begins"

Date: 08/27/14 19:50
Re: NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2 - part 2

4. Weather at the coast was spectacular - Cannon Beach, OR

5. I really miss the big trees

6. Portland & Western has built a wye at Wilkesboro (Banks, OR) to allow trains to run from Willbridge to Tigard and south without having to change direction
The switch is clamped and spiked for movement to the wye

Date: 08/27/14 19:51
Re: NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2 - part 3

7. - 9. Wye at Wilkesboro

I joined a group of friends for pizza and slides on Saturday night in Beaverton. There were a number of TO members at the slide show.
Trkinsptr, Viewrail, Coosbaytoday ( I haven't seen him for at least 10 years, FT, Kodachromedude, and others were there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/14 19:58 by nomosantafe.

Date: 08/27/14 20:08
Re: NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2 - part 4

Sunday 8/17

Every time I visit Portland, I get together with my childhood friend Mitch (TO member aline). We've known each other since 2nd grade in Miss Corder's class at Ockley Green Elementary School in north Portland in 1958. We always try to get out for a day of "foamin".

We usually go up the Gorge, but due to my family commitments that evening, we stuck around the Portland - Vancouver area.

We drove up to Yacolt and photographed the Chelatchie Prairie train. Then we went to Kalama and shot the BNSF and then back to Portland.

10. - 12. Crossett & Western 10 at Yacolt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/14 20:08 by nomosantafe.

Date: 08/27/14 20:11
Re: NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2 - part 5

13. Crossett & Western 10 at Yacolt, WA

14. Chelatchie Prairie train on big bridge over the East Fork of the Lewis River at Moulton Falls, WA

15. BNSF M EFVEABN SB at Kalama, WA

Date: 08/27/14 20:13
Re: NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2 - part 6

16. BNSF V BLUPTL SB at Kalama, WA

17. M VAWINB NB at Kalama, WA

18. aline "getting the shot"

Date: 08/27/14 20:19
Re: NOMO's NW Vacation - Part 2 - part 7

19. & 20. Portland & Western PWABVA (663) at Union Station on track 5 - old Portland Terminal RR VC tower is just to the right of the train

21. Looking northward - Condos on the right were built over the old freight yard

More to come tomorrow

Date: 08/28/14 01:01
Author: UPTRAIN

So bizarre that the following Tuesday and Wednesday my wife and I were looking at literally the same exact sights (Portland, Haystack Rock, #25) on our honeymoon. Small world I guess. I wonder how many months it'll be until I get my shots edited. Only took 2,487 photos since the 15th.

Pump

Date: 08/30/14 12:55
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff...!!! Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0654 seconds