Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Seligman Sub. pics from early August.

Date: 08/28/14 14:14
Seligman Sub. pics from early August.
Author: arizonaBNSF

I made it up to the Flagstaff area on August 9th for a day of railfanning. I just made it a day trip from Phoenix instead of a weekend since motel rates seem to sharply increase in Flagstaff this time of year. Train traffic was plentiful and there was a fair amount of foreign power and quite a few Citirail leasers. BNSF power, on the other hand, was boring, only saw one Heritage I and no warbonnets :(

1. Folks, that's not fog. There was a controlled burn going on between Maine and Williams which created this eerie scene at Maine in the morning.
2. A westbound cuts through the smoke at Maine.
3. This was a new spot I found my hiking the Railroad Springs and Tunnel Springs trails west of Flagstaff. The trails parallel the railroad almost entirely, which presented some good opportunities like this westbound. Note the CP unit 3rd.

Date: 08/28/14 14:17
Re: Seligman Sub. pics from early August.

4. A shot of an eastbound taken a couple hundred feet away from photo 4 on high point on a small rise on the trail.
5. Later in the day at Cosnino, an eastbound with a Citirail trailing passes through the rock cut.
6. Another train at Cosnino.

Date: 08/28/14 14:18

7. A westbound at Riordan in the evening.

Date: 08/28/14 19:25
Author: zchcsse

Great photos, especially from those trails west of Flagstaff. When passing through there on a train, I give a LOT of credit to the people I see jogging those trains, particularly given that the elevation is 7000+ feet and there are some steep hills.

-Tom

Date: 08/28/14 22:01
Author: Ritzville

Just took a picture of 4177 going thru Ritzville, WA today Aug. 28th. These engines definitely get around!

Larry

Date: 08/29/14 20:45
Author: foamergirl

Love love love them! My most favorite area is northern Arizona! Thanks for posting!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds