Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Military Trains in Southern California

Date: 08/30/14 19:49
Military Trains in Southern California
Author: z-trains

Over the summer, I've had the opportunity to film four separate military trains on the UP, all heading to Yermo, California, from various locations. Two of the trains I happened upon by chance while out along the Needles Subdivision, both being caught at the big curve at Daggett, California. The first train, a Herlong-Yermo train, is seen at Daggett in the late evening, while a pair of westbound BNSF trains (with a third and fourth behind) wait to enter Barstow yard. The second clip's train was delivered to UP at Barstow, and the pair of SD60M's on the point was added for the trip to Yermo, and is seen going through the same curve. Jumping ahead to last Saturday, another Yermo-bound train heads north through Rialto, California, on the spectacular bridge across the I210 and Lytle Creek Wash. This train virtually beat my father and I to this location, giving us just seconds to set up, so that's why it starts when it's virtually across the bridge. The last two clips are from yesterday evening, with a westbound military train at El Casco and Redlands in San Timoteo Canyon. The full videos from which these clips were taken from can be found on my YouTube channel, Railfanjunction.

Cheers,

Zach
www.z-trains.com
Railfanjunction on YouTube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/14 22:12 by z-trains.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/31/14 15:07
Re: Military Trains in Southern California
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 09/02/14 18:56
Re: Military Trains in Southern California
Author: SantaFeRuss

Interesting video! Thanks for sharing.

SantaFeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds