Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Preserving SP signals @ Black Butte...6 hours left

Date: 09/01/14 18:15
Preserving SP signals @ Black Butte...6 hours left
Author: RyanWilkerson

The project to bring life to the former SP signals at Black Butte is very close to reaching its financial goal!
As of 6:15pm Pacific, only $280 more dollars are needed to meet the goal of $3,200.

It ends at midnight tonight and it would be great to see the Black Butte Center for Railroad Culture continue the work to raise up the signals.
More info including some video of them:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/railroad-signals-project-at-black-butte-ca

Some more photos and the original posting:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3476743

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 09/01/14 20:06
Re: Preserving SP signals @ Black Butte...6 hours left

Only 4 hours to go and we're now at $3,045! Only $155 to go...

I haven't used indiegogo.com before but I just went through it and the process was very easy to donate via credit card. Your donation may even be tax-deductible.

Also, the BBCRC is offering perks for your donations...from a BBCRC patch to a night in the Santa Fe #999028 caboose with meals included.
Here's a run down of the list...full details on https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/railroad-signals-project-at-black-butte-ca

$10 BBCRC Patch
This is our new union-made embroidered patch in red, black and white. an oval shape measuring 3 1/2" X 2 1/4".

$25 Beer Koozie
Beer koozie is adorned on both sides with the classic BBCRC logo in full color on a black background. Don't be without it for your new can of Hamm's on a hot Black Butte summer day. Union-made-in-the-USA. You get the Patch too!

$50 Zine "Speaking of Trains"
Zine-style glossary of modern-day railroad worker and train rider/hobo slang. Over 60 pages of hundreds of obscure and commonly used phrases as well as illustrations. You get the Patch and the Koozie too!

$75 Songbook: Boxcar Sing Along
This book of 64 classic railroad, hobo, and union songs is fully illustrated with photos and graphics from modern times dating back to the 19th century. All lyrics are accompanied by chord changes to facilitate playing and singing along. Many songs are introduced, providing each with a brief history. We will send you the Patch, the Koozie, and the Zine too!

$100 CD: "Who Said I Was a Bum?'
Compiled from old 78 records, this CD includes rare and seldom heard recordings of "hobo music" from the 1920s through the 1960s. We will send you the Patch, the Koozie, the Zine, AND the Songbook too!

$250 Evening in a Caboose!
Stay the night in a completely rehabilitated caboose, Santa Fe #999028, and enjoy the beauty of Mount Shasta from the cupola bedroom window!

$500
Evening in a Caboose DELUX
Stay the night in a completely rehabilitated caboose, Santa Fe #999028, and enjoy the beauty of Mount Shasta from the cupola bedroom window! AND get three gourmet meals for you and your guest cooked to order on-site, personally served to you in the caboose! Many meal options to choose from for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. courtesy of our master chef, RadioActiveRon.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 09/01/14 20:49
Author: ble692

I made my donation a few days ago. Now they only need $135 to reach their goal. I'll have to stop by on my trip north in October to see what they have up on display. I honestly wasn't even aware of this group until the previous post regarding the signals. It'll be nice to see a few searchlights back up and not in a scrap pile or dumpster.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/14 09:11 by ble692.

Date: 09/01/14 20:59

Ble692, thanks for the note and the donation. I've always enjoyed the view of these signals and am looking forward to seeing them upright and lighted again.

I've attached a photo of the pair of signals that are to be setup very near their original location. Might even be less than a football field away.

3 hours left... and only $85 to go!

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/14 21:00 by RyanWilkerson.

Date: 09/02/14 08:34

Thanks to all who contributed to meet the goal and above!

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 09/02/14 14:55
Author: judahrice

Congratulations!

Date: 09/02/14 18:15
Author: Cajon92

RyanWilkerson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks to all who contributed to meet the goal and
> above!

Ryan,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this and for telling us the good news! Glad the goal was met to bring life back to these historic signals.

~Ryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/14 18:16 by Cajon92.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0538 seconds