Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Iowa Interstate Firefighter Special

Date: 09/13/14 20:49
Iowa Interstate Firefighter Special
Author: Trainatic

Today, the IAIS ran a special passenger train whose proceeds benefit the local fire departments from Chillicothe to Henry, IL (about 15 miles each way). Tickets were $14 round trip, and all three trips were sold out. I decided to chase the 1 o'clock train, and the weather was cooperating nicely today. The IAIS had one SD40-2 on each end of 8 passenger cars. I was disappointed they didn't bring out the heritage unit, but nonetheless, it was a great train. I heard it was the first passenger train on the line since the Rock shut down (30 years). Chillicothe had a whole festival for the event, and it seemed like the whole town came out. The depot was also open for free walk-throughs.

1. 154 facing north on the train sitting by the Chillicothe depot with the restored Santa Fe caboose on the left.

2. The train unloading in Henry.

3. One the northbound trip, I took video because the sun angle wasn't as great as it was for shooting southbound. In the beginning of the video, the train honks quite a bit. I noticed they had 2 younger kids in the cab, so I think they let them honk the horn before they pulled out. (sorry about some of the shaking, I am still getting used to my new tripod)

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/13/14 20:53
Re: Iowa Interstate Firefighter Special
Author: Trainatic

4. Southbound train passing the Welcome to Henry sign.

5&6. Train rounding the curve north of Sparland

Date: 09/14/14 05:44
Author: iaisfan

Really nice stills and video Caleb. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on VOTD. IAIS really had the 150s (which are SD38-2s, BTW) shined up nicely.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 09/14/14 05:44
Author: ns1000

I like the last pic!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds