Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A visitor from the west

Date: 09/19/14 16:42
A visitor from the west
Author: theironhorse

On Tuesday, my old friend Cozephyr arrived from Denver for a visit on his way to a convention. As luck would have it, I was able to spend most of the day Wednesday with him. We got up around 0630 and had breakfast. I called RRARTIST and he was kind enough to give us a rundown of the CP's activities for the day. We headed out to Bangor and caught up up with RRARTIST and shot the 484 as she rounded the curve. (My apologies for the same angle Jim). Cozephyr and I went across the crossing and shot this angle of 393 with one unit. After Bangor, Cozephyr and I headed to Dakota, MN to catch the 393 there. While we waited, an eastbound coal load showed up with one on the point and a DP in the middle.

The Iron Horse

Date: 09/19/14 16:44
Re: A visitor from the west

I shot the DP unit as it went by. 393 then finally went west. (All at Dakota)

The Iron Horse

Date: 09/19/14 16:47

After shooting at Dakota, we headed for the swing bridge at La Cresent, MN. to shoot there. As we arrived, we were caught by surprise by the west bound freight which gave us no time to set up. Oh well. We then went down to the river to catch a tow going through the swing bridge. After that, we once again met up with RRARTIST and shot Amtrak 7 coming off the bascule bridge in La Crosse.

The Iron Horse

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/14 16:49 by theironhorse.

Date: 09/19/14 16:48
Author: SP8595

Great scenes! That Chipster sure gets around:}

Date: 09/19/14 16:49
Author: 3rdswitch

Great bunch! Great area.
JB

Date: 09/19/14 16:51

After shooting #7, we went to the other side of the bascule bridge to catch HH19 coming across. We then decided to head over to the La Crosse depot to shoot the coal train there. While waiting, we nailed the switch job make some moves in the yard.

The Iron Horse

Date: 09/19/14 16:56

After shooting at the depot, Cozephyr wanted to catch a tow at lock number 7. We went down to a boat ramp just below the lock and dam. AS luck would have it, a gentleman with a pontoon boat was gracious enough to give us a little "tour" below the dam tho take some shots. I then had some errands to take care and sent Cozephyr on his own for a few hours. After I was done, I caught up with Cozephyr at the depot to catch #8 coming in. The had just set and the final shot was Amtrak departing.

Enjoy

The Iron Horse

Date: 09/19/14 16:56
Author: ns1000

GREAT stuff...!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 09/19/14 17:11
Author: mojaveflyer

Looks like a pretty successful day of shooting!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 09/19/14 22:17
Author: SD45X

:)

Date: 09/20/14 05:10
Author: jmbreitigan

Real nice series of photos.
John

Date: 09/20/14 07:08
Author: rrartist

Great series Andy, nice to meet you Chip! Come back again!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0628 seconds