Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Manifest at Cima

Date: 09/26/14 18:01
UP Manifest at Cima
Author: syscom3

Here's my first video from last week. If you like long manifests, then this is the video for you.

I was done with Cima in the late afternoon and started to head back home, via Kelso. On the way down the hill, I spotted this manifest heading eastbound. So I headed back up, setup and just waited. As a bonus, a westbound stack train was holding up at the summit. That train I will post on a new thread tomorrow.

There are two parts to this. I hope you enjoy it.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/26/14 20:14
Re: UP Manifest at Cima
Author: mojaveflyer

A couple of great clips! I've often wondered how much operations would be improved if they extended double track from West Cima down to Kelso. It certainly help the DS making meets with long trains. That train reminded me of something SP would have sent out of LA or West Colton over Tehachapi...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/14 20:15 by mojaveflyer.

Date: 09/27/14 03:37
Author: navy5717th

Superb video!! How long was that sucker? Seemed like it was gonna never pass.

In the second video, the lead obviously has crested the summit, because the cars are going by much faster.

Fritz in HSV, AL

Date: 09/27/14 08:29

I counted 121 cars. Thats pretty long as manifest go. Most of the cars must have been empties though.

Date: 09/27/14 09:03
Author: mapboy

syscom3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I counted 121 cars. Thats pretty long as manifest
> go. Most of the cars must have been empties
> though.

Looks like the MWCNP, with ethanol and DPU, into Vegas after dark, out of WC around 0800. 70-90% empties is typical. The MWCRO often has dirty dirt and coal empties, no ethanol or corn syrup (not much of that in the desert!), only occasionally DPU, out of WC around 1900, into Vegas around lunch.

mapboy

Date: 09/27/14 12:38
Author: sp3663

What was the motor-like sound I heard cutting in and out?

Date: 09/27/14 13:09

Can you tell the time marker? It might be cars going along the adjacent road on the right.

Date: 09/27/14 13:12
Author: TCnR

sp3663 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What was the motor-like sound I heard cutting in
> and out?

Seems to be the motors for the train in the siding. Video cameras do strange things if you let them.

Date: 09/27/14 13:45
Author: ns1000

Nice videos!!!

Date: 09/27/14 13:56

I think they were shutting down some of the engines and restarting them. I noticed it too while I was there, even before the manifest got there.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds