Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NS 1065 and an Ultralight

Date: 10/01/14 07:09
NS 1065 and an Ultralight
Author: z-trains

Yesterday morning NS 1065 made a surprise run down San Timoteo Canyon after gaining around 7 hours on both the Gila and Yuma Subdivisions in Arizona and California, leaving my father and I with a bit of a problem, being there was only 1 good shot in the Canyon for a westbound in the morning around Redlands, as I also had to go to school to take a test. After being dropped off at school I relayed a series of text messages from a friend in Beaumont who was also chasing the 1065 to my father, and of all things the train went into emergency at Ordway shortly thereafter! During this time however, there were several wild Eastbound consists which assaulted Beaumont Hill, including one with a CSXT AC4400CW, a Ferromex ES44AC, and a DASH 8-40C standard cab! After these trains passed, the 1065 finally began to move at Ordway, and several minutes later came across Beaumont Avenue, in beautiful morning light. While the train was going by, an Ultralight plane swung into view, and crossed the shot a little after the 1065 went by. The video itself will be up sometime next week, but the shot with 1065 is included here.

Cheers,

Zach
www.z-trains.com
Railfanjunction on YouTube

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/01/14 07:36
Re: NS 1065 and an Ultralight
Author: fehorse1

Must have been in a "quiet zone", they didn't even whistle for the crossing!

Date: 10/01/14 07:52
Author: porkchop

It's not a quiet zone. Hopefully no irate railfans resulted in the making of this video.

Date: 10/01/14 08:45
Author: z-trains

It is actually a quiet zone, both Beaumont Avenue and Mountain View Avenue are horn-free zones because of the neighborhood that's located there. They've been that way for the past two years.

Zach
www.z-trains.com
Railfanjunction on YouTube

Date: 10/01/14 14:36
Author: tacobell

They didn't go into emergency. They held back off the crossing due to trains ahead.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds