Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunset at KCUS

Date: 10/20/14 17:13
Sunset at KCUS
Author: BNSF-6432

As I've gotten around to editing most of the pictures from this weekends trip, I'll start off with a small series from Saturday evening and post the rest of Saturdays trains tomorrow. After a day at Santa Fe jct and Birmingham jct we ended the day at Union Station which gave us 4 more trains to end the day with a solid 30 before heading for Baldwin City.
Here's the sunset series from the notorious Kansas City Union Station, which unfortunately is destined to lose a set of searchlights in the near future.

1) Waiting for any indication to pop up, I made sure to get the sun as it was fading fast with 3 charter cars including the ATSF business car

2) BNSF stacks make their way around down main 2 off the high line

3) Another stack train, meeting the other one starts to proceed after getting an approach

More...

Date: 10/20/14 17:19
Re: Sunset at KCUS
Author: BNSF-6432

4) Next up was a UP loaded coal train with a patched SP unit trailing

5) More of the coal train mid-way as the Western Auto sign starts to light up

6) For once things finally calm down and we head out of town with 30 trains as the light fades away

BNSF-6432
PQM

Date: 10/20/14 20:03
Author: oklachaser

Really nice photos.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/20/14 20:23
Author: Cajon92

Good effort, great sky/background in #2.

~Ryan

Date: 10/20/14 22:16
Author: DynamicBrake

Nice sunset series, thanks for sharing. I'd say your second shot is IOTD material for sure!!

Kent in CArmel Valley

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds