Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Long MRVRO

Date: 10/24/14 11:37
Long MRVRO
Author: zfan

This train appears to be too long these days to go the shorter route over the Shafter Sub.(ex-WP) into Roper(Salt Lake)from Roseville. It's been running over the Great Salt Lake (Lakeside Sub. ex-SP) seemingly daily. I'm assuming the old WP sidings are too short too handle it and maybe Silver Zone is too taxing a grade, but westbound coal trains tackle it daily I believe.

1-(10-20-14)The MRVRO snaking it's way through the old SP north yard in Ogden on the Shasta track, normally used by Salt Lake to Pocatello, Id. trains as a bypass between Bridge Jct. and Cecil Jct. in Ogden.

- Mike

Date: 10/24/14 20:17
Re: Long MRVRO
Author: hogantunnel

Mike,

It is true the sidings on the Shafter sub average 6k (+/-) while the former SP are at least 9k except for shorter sidings at Montello and Lucin. And yes, I believe the Valmy coal loads still takes the Shafter route. Would love to see any increase in traffic on the old WP route.
1% grade or less around Arnold Loop and over the Toanas and Pequops; Basin and Range railroading. That's what "Stein," Harrop, Meeker, Benson, Dorn, Sanders, Stanley and all the other excellent pros and amateurs celebrated in Utah and Nevada over the past 50+ years. Nothing like it any where else in the lower 48!

Mike

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds