Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Few Bright Trains on a Cloudy Friday!

Date: 10/24/14 14:16
A Few Bright Trains on a Cloudy Friday!
Author: rrartist

Don't even get me started on the weather today, partly sunny in a dog's ear!!! I traveled to Winona MN this morning for several reasons, one to check out the ACE Hardware's model railroad selection, and yes I came home with a Rivarossi U25C in the NP scheme and the other reasons will soon be apparent. UP train LT42's power awaits it call to duty back to Adams WI, I sure like these SD90Macs! CP train 470 slow rolls into Goodview MN with an all NS consist with the rebuild SD40 3256 leading the way. CP train 800, INRD 9025 will be my guide back to La Crosse this lovely morning, so buckle up here we go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/14 14:17 by rrartist.

Date: 10/24/14 14:21
Re: A Few Bright Trains on a Cloudy Friday!

CP 800 had no trouble getting through Winona but those stop / go lights on Hwy 61 sure can be a killer! I waited at Homer MN where the sun kind of sort of teased me with brighter skies, but the teases stopped in Dakota MN with fog trying to take over as CP 287, NS 6800 motors by to meet 800 at Donehower. CP 800 swings into Dakota and past the fast waning Fall colors.

Date: 10/24/14 14:27

CP 800 had to stop and pick up Trainmaster in La Crosse so yes, one more photo was required of the INRD 9025. Once 800 cleared the Black River bridge, CP H19, CP 6239/6241 began it's journey to the Twin Cities. Lastly the skies did clear for about an hour when I caught CP 805, HLCX 6300, what a treat this was! I'm hoping for a sunny weekend, key word here being "hoping"!

Date: 10/24/14 15:24
Author: PasadenaSub

Another great set of pictures, though I'm a little surprised that you didn't pick up a Rivarossi U25C in the Burlington scheme! NP is a good choice too.

Rich

Date: 10/24/14 18:18
Author: highgreengraphics

Great job, and I didn't know a UP 3565 would have wings, and they are even E- and F-unit style under the nose headlight. If you took an F-unit nose and angled and squared it off, this is approximately what you'd get! INRD 9025 on the point is just too cool. I waited most of an entire hot day at Jasonville, IN for 9025 to go, then had to settle for a 3/4 shot at the diesel house, as I previously posted. It looks great on the front, certainly an appropriate occasion for a chase! I know a little about how the weather can be around there... === === = === JLH

Date: 10/24/14 20:31
Author: SCKP187

Super series of shots---nice that you got so many 90MACs, I think one of the best looking carbodies.
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/24/14 21:50
Author: NH2006

Ah you got that INRD 9025! And a bonus MK paint job. Sweet!!!!

Date: 10/25/14 03:52
Author: oklachaser

Great variety & photos.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/25/14 10:12
Author: aussiehinz

Great catch on the INRD's & the others too. I had some stubborn fog & overcast troubles around La Xrosse last weekend too, when mostly sunny skies were predicted.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/25/14 10:16
Author: SP8595

Holy moly, where do I start with the Outstanding catches on this thread!?!

#1-Wings on a UP SD90/43MAC! I thought and was fairly certain that the only engine of this type to have the nose wing herald was the UP 8242 which has been retired!

#2-Catching the specially painted INRD 9025 on the point.

#3-Scoring on the standard cab NS leader. The NS 6800 isn't that bad either:}

#4-But the all-time highlight is that HLCX 6300 on the point! It must be a railfan who is in charge at the power desk to have put that engine on as a leader. I bet that horn sounded amazing as well!
What a Great day you had, Thanks for posting your results:}

Date: 10/27/14 16:03
Author: ns1000

GREAT stuff...!!! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds