Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > NS-KCS-UP intermodal train

Date: 10/29/14 05:09
NS-KCS-UP intermodal train
Author: DFWJIM

There was a recent post that featured a photo of a westbound intermodal train (can't recall the symbol) on the KCS that is routed NS-KCS-UP. I am curious as to where this train is handed off to the UP, Shreveport, Dallas or somewhere else?

Thanks for your responses.

Date: 10/29/14 06:36
Re: NS-KCS-UP intermodal train
Author: florida581

The UP to NS trains enter and exit KCS trackage at Shreveport on the west end and Meridian, MS on the east end.

Andrew

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/29/14 10:06
Author: rbmn5022

Westbound is NS 225/UP ZAILC, eastbound is NS 226/UP ZLCAI. Not sure what the KCS symbols are for them. There's also a NS 22G/UP KLBNS that's relatively regular and I've seen KAILC/KLCAI/IHJNS's as well but don't know what NS and KCS call them.

Date: 10/30/14 10:02
Author: fwwr5007

rbmn5022 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Westbound is NS 225/UP ZAILC, eastbound is NS
> 226/UP ZLCAI. Not sure what the KCS symbols are
> for them. There's also a NS 22G/UP KLBNS that's
> relatively regular and I've seen
> KAILC/KLCAI/IHJNS's as well but don't know what NS
> and KCS call them.

I've heard IZLAAT for the eastbounds on KCS in the past, and IZATLA in the other direction. It's been a while since I've been over to Shreveport and eastward, though, so things may have changed. Informally they call them Lazers.

(As a friend once pointed out, it seemed ironic to name a hot train IZLAAT, which could phoenetically be said, "Is Late.")

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds