Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > nail biter

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 10/29/14 20:33
nail biter
Author: santafe199

Congrats to the Giants & all the SF Chief riders!

Lance

Date: 10/29/14 20:43
Re: nail biter
Author: goneon66

that pitcher for the giants was awesome.........

Date: 10/29/14 20:44
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Thanks, Lance!

Yup -- it went down to the very last pitch.

Wow.......

PAINT THE ENTIRE BAY AREA ORANGE!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 10/29/14 20:57
Author: Coalca

Madison was just flat-out phenomenol, even though I was goin for KC. Great series, I don't think SF wins without Madison being locked in

Date: 10/29/14 21:05
Author: jbwest

How many World Series have been in doubt in game 7, bottom of the ninth, with two outs. (oops...and two strikes).

JBWX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/14 21:06 by jbwest.

Date: 10/29/14 21:20
Author: ironmtn

Lance was far more generous than I was in this post: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3562493,3563091#msg-3563091

The Giants played very well, and Bumgarner was outstanding. It was a pitching performance to remember. But, doesn't mean I have to like it....

Now, we once again start counting the days until pitchers and catchers report. Can't wait.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Date: 10/29/14 21:32

ironmtn Wrote:
> Now, we once again start counting the days until pitchers and catchers report...

I've always said the saddest day of the year is the day after the last game of the Series. NOW I gotta wait 6 months until spring training. That's SPRING... when life refreshes itself with new green grass & new green tree leaves. The days get warmer & longer. I get that familiar, but more urgent itch to go and convert gamma rays (read: light) to pixel form...

ex-little league 3rd baseman

Date: 10/29/14 23:09
Author: CarolVoss

We are '9er football fans and have very little interest in local or national baseball but we got totally caught up in this series and probably will start looking a little more into baseball next year!! Of course we will have to decide as to Giants or A's fans and we have been to A's games in the past, but well----------it looks like it will be a fun spring after all----------and I might even learn to call them runs instead of points!! :-)
C.
PS--I should clarify that by saying that "We" means my husband is a '9er fan but of course I watch etc etc

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 10/30/14 07:14
Author: Torisgod

Any sport that can be played by overweight people who are constantly chewing something isn't a sport.

But hey, who am I to judge? Railfanning is just like baseball: mostly boring, but it's the interesting things you wait for. And if you're here, by definition you love railfanning.

Tor in Eugene

Date: 10/30/14 08:31
Author: Rathole

And football players aren't overweight????

Torisgod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any sport that can be played by overweight people
> who are constantly chewing something isn't a
> sport.
>
> But hey, who am I to judge? Railfanning is just
> like baseball: mostly boring, but it's the
> interesting things you wait for. And if you're
> here, by definition you love railfanning.
>
> Tor in Eugene

Date: 10/30/14 08:43
Author: Betsy

santafe199 Wrote:
> Congrats to the Giants & all the SF Chief riders!
>

Lance,

As a lifelong Giants and baseball fan, I have to say that Bumgarner's performance is one against which future great performances will be compared for a few generations. But congratulations are due to the Royals, their organization, and their fans for a great season and amazing post-season run. It was good solid baseball throughout.

Elizabeth

Date: 10/30/14 09:02
Author: Out_Of_Service

Bumgarner hadda .029 ERA coming into game 7 ... he set a WS record for most wins in a WS with 3 ... the guy was just a shut down machine ... i was fascinated at the way he could sucker the hitters to chase the high heat pitches that were waaaay out of the strike zone ...

Posted from Android

Date: 10/30/14 09:16
Author: iliketrains

I'm so happy the Padres got rid of the bum manager Bruce B. I couldn't lead the Padres into the AAA playoffs.

Date: 10/30/14 09:53
Author: SPMW6600

The Giants are like a speeding train; they're unstoppable.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/30/14 10:38
Author: portlander

Out_Of_Service Wrote:
> Bumgarner hadda .029 ERA coming into game 7 ... he
> set a WS record for most wins in a WS with 3 ...
> the guy was just a shut down machine ... i was
> fascinated at the way he could sucker the hitters
> to chase the high heat pitches that were waaaay
> out of the strike zone ...
>
> Posted from Android

Sadly, MLB took Bum's third win away and gave it to Affeldt. Lame.

Date: 10/30/14 10:47
Author: jimB

When I walked out of my East facing Bay Area front door this morning, the sky was Orange!

The Royals were an excellent team, the only one in the post season besides the Giants that didn't let the pressure overcome them.

Hard to overcome a guy pitching like MadBum. Great pitching usually wins.

Jim B

Date: 10/30/14 12:21
Author: chico

baserunner for the Royals should have run through the stop sign at third, probably the best chance to score on B'gardner.

Giants would probably have thrown him out at the plate, but the way the play was going, there could have been an errant relay.

oh well, great series, great team, I think a lot of mutual respect of players of opponent was apparent.

chico

train content:

did you out of towners from out west know that the Rock Island Mo. Division tracks run behind the Arrowhead Sports Complex of which Kauffman Stadium is built on?

Always used to see the tracks when you come in to park at one of the stadiums from the back entrance.

chico

Date: 10/30/14 12:36
Author: jderoo

Yes he probably would have been out by 20 feet and you can't lose
the series on that. If Alex could have run into Posey and tried to
jar the ball loose than maybe you try it. Unfortunately that is now
against the rules in MLB. It was a great series and we just got beat.

Date: 10/30/14 14:43

chico Wrote:
> ...the Rock Island Mo. Division tracks run behind the Arrowhead Sports Complex...

I can remember going to a Kansas City A's game in the e-a-r-l-y 1960s. I can't remember which part of the old Brooklyn Ave ballpark I did this: I have vivid memory of making my Dad take me to the top of the bleachers to look over the wall because I could hear a train. The train was gone by time my little legs could scale the steps with him, but I remember seeing multiple shiny 'train tracks' (4?). I'm guessing this would be KCT trackage between KCUS & Sheffield. For me, the intertwining of baseball & trains goes back to my early grade school years...

Lance

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/14 15:12 by santafe199.

Date: 10/30/14 15:48
Author: Out_Of_Service

portlander Wrote:
> Out_Of_Service Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bumgarner hadda .029 ERA coming into game 7 ...
> he
> > set a WS record for most wins in a WS with 3
> ...
> > the guy was just a shut down machine ... i was
> > fascinated at the way he could sucker the
> hitters
> > to chase the high heat pitches that were waaaay
> > out of the strike zone ...
> >
> > Posted from Android
>
>
> Sadly, MLB took Bum's third win away and gave it
> to Affeldt. Lame.

i was thrown off a bit by the original decision but i agree with the latter decision ... by definition of the rules Afeldt was the winning pitcher of record and Bumgarner was the save pitcher of record ...

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0703 seconds