Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Iowa Interstate and BNSF

Date: 10/30/14 10:39
Iowa Interstate and BNSF
Author: Trainatic

Last weekend was very nice around Peoria, so I headed out to see what trains were moving. I caught a BNSF coal train, and one of the local industry jobs with an interesting freight car. The first few photos are of the loaded BNSF coal train on its way to the power plant in Pekin.
1. In Peoria headed to the bridge over the Illinois River. The two aces up front look pretty new, or are just shined up nicely.
2-3. BNSF 8579 and 8456 are leading the coal train along the river on this bright Saturday east of Pekin.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/30/14 10:45
Re: Iowa Interstate and BNSF

4. Next is the TZPR 1520 working the chemical plant in Pekin.
5. A few cars back from the loco, there was an interesting graffiti job on one of the cars. The TP&W just acquired a fleet of old Canadian hoppers, and it looks like the guys in the car shop had some fun with the patch job. Can't say I've ever seen a railroad "claim" graffiti artwork.
6. In downtown Peoria, the new Illinois and Midland 2084 is headed to do some industry work. I believe this unit just arrived a couple weeks ago. It's nice to see the DM&E paint around the area.

Date: 10/30/14 10:50

Finally, last evening I happened to be running some errands when I caught an Iowa Interstate grain train leaving Peoria. The light was quickly fading, so I wasn't able to get great shots, but I love seeing those IAIS widecabs.
7. IAIS 502 leads IAIS 711 and the grain train past a couple parked NS ES44's in Northeast Peoria.
8. The train passing the water treatment plant ("water works") in Peoria.
9. My last shot of the train, as the sun by this time almost completely gone.

Date: 10/30/14 12:18
Author: kbmiflyer

Great Shots. Peoria is certainly a unique railroad town. Not on any mainlines, but serviced by four of the Class I railroads, as well as several smaller companies.

Date: 10/31/14 09:50
Author: Bridg3guy

Nice Shots, however I noticed a Lack of UP trains ( ex CNW )

Date: 11/01/14 12:54

The UP has been doing some line maintenance and bridge work lately, so I haven't gone looking for much on the UP.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds