Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Bound for Kamela

Date: 10/30/14 12:06
Bound for Kamela
Author: HeislerPower

Caught a Union Pacific freight grinding up the Blue Mountains on Tuesday afternoon, bound for points west. Three on the point and two more locomotives mid-train. It was a busy day on the mainline, probably caught over a dozen trains between Baker City and Portland.

Enjoy, Taylor

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/30/14 14:25
Re: Bound for Kamela
Author: truxtrax

Looks to be a string of cement hoppers from the plant on the other side of Durkee
that replaced the old one at Lime.

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 10/30/14 15:40
Author: HeislerPower

The front end was mostly hoppers, but there were also boxcars, tanks, auto carriers, and center beams in the consist.

Taylor

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/30/14 15:51
Author: philhoov

I saw that train just east of Nampa, Idaho a couple of days ago (maybe Sunday?) when the Nampa yard was clogged up with a lot of trains.
It appeared to be parked on Track 2, between Nampa and Kuna.
That means those hoppers didn't come from Durkee or Lime, as I saw it farther east.

Date: 10/30/14 16:32
Author: truxtrax

Well hell, , , , poor guess on my part. But since I haven't been in Eastern Oregon in some months
all I can say is that it appeared to be something that it wasn't, , , , but could have been............8>)

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 10/30/14 19:24
Author: philhoov

Nampa Yard and the surrounding area was plugged up with trains Sunday.
Most congested I've ever seen it.
That train was sitting on Track 2 a few miles east of Nampa and the dispatcher told him to hold tight until he could "find a hole" to get him through the yard.
There was an EB parked on the main at the west end of the yard too, plus every track in the yard seemed to have a train sitting on it.
One of them was another heavy WB grainer with 8 or 9 engines on it.
Was out there today and there were two more heavy grainers - one with 7 motors and another with 9.
Wonder what that 8504 train was and where it originated?

Date: 10/30/14 20:35
Author: cpn456

Sounds like UP is looking more and more like the BNSF in the Pacific Northwest now...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds