Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Pair of old SP Warriors

Date: 10/30/14 12:53
A Pair of old SP Warriors
Author: ns2557

Back on June 30 2001, I was working at the Rock and Rail in Canon City Colo. The power for our RR consisted of a few ex SP SD9's along with an ex SP GP9, an ex PC GP40 and an ex SSW GP30. The guys who ran the R&R also had their hands in another shortline at the time. Over on the ex MOP east out of Pueblo was the CKP, the Colrado Kansas and Pacific. In shot 1 is one if not the only CKP lettered unit that I recall. Here is the CKP 202 in Pueblo Co on that day. Same day I found the RRRR 203. It was the only unit that had the R&R Emblem on the unit. So, here ya go. Not sure what happened to either of these units after they left the RR/CKP. The CKP was short lived for the most part. They ran for the most part east out of NA Jct to Sugar City east of Pueblo. In the end they used 2 ex LMX B39-8's over in Olney Springs Co. This is where there office was located at. Managed a high rail trip over the line in 2003. Mostly used for car storage at that time. TFL. Ben

Date: 10/30/14 20:27
Re: A Pair of old SP Warriors
Author: JDLX

These units worked for BHP Nevada Rail on the old Nevada Northern prior to that operation shutting down in the summer of 1999...here are a couple images we shot of the three units awaiting shipment to the CKP at the old UP(WP)/NN interchange at Shafter, Nevada, on a cold day in sometime late 1999 or early 2000.

Last I knew all three of these had been scrapped, but I'm not positive of that.

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 10/31/14 20:05
Re: A Pair of old SP Warriors
Author: SP8595

Wow, I never even knew that the R&R had SD-9's! Thanks for posting!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds