Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The end of day#1 on the Transcon

Date: 10/30/14 18:00
The end of day#1 on the Transcon
Author: RustyRayls

I was telling Ed about the old route for Hwy 66 through Oatman & over Sitgreaves Pass so we decided to go that way to Kingman instead of taking I-40.

1. Old Rte 66 headed up to Oatman.

2. An eastbound climbing through kingman Canyon passes over one of the most photographed bridges on the Transcon. I think that there are more pictures floating around of this bridge than there are of the Toppock Bridge.

3. The last sunlight just before sundown illuminates the beautifully restored Kingman Depot.

Day 2 is next

Old Bob out in Lost Wages

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/14 20:47 by chuchubobnv.

Date: 10/30/14 19:22
Re: The end of day#1 on the Transcon
Author: pecosvalleychief

Feel free to stop in at the Frontier in Truxton and say hi! We have the only real restrooms for miles. :-)

Date: 10/30/14 20:23
Author: eljay

i took old 66 east this past summer on my trusty honda v-twin. loved the trip. looked for signs of your operation when i hit truxton but did not see much (also did not stop to investigate.). hope to catch you in summer of '15.

Date: 10/31/14 15:32
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pic 1!!!

Date: 10/31/14 17:06
Author: RustyRayls

Thank you! I debated whether to include it because it was OT (no trains) but I liked the way it turned out so much that I threw it in anyway.

Bob

Date: 11/01/14 01:50
Author: vegasrails

Nice work Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds