Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > WP and NKP Heritage Units in KC

Date: 11/22/14 15:58
WP and NKP Heritage Units in KC
Author: RighteousRailfan

The weather was less than perfect, but that didn't stop me and a buddy of mine from trying to catch a couple of heritage locomotives this morning in the Kansas City area. I went after the Western Pacific heritage unit first, which was leading the QNLNP-21 on its first trip after being released from Jenks Shops earlier this week. It would have been nice if the sun was out to shine on the unit's brand new coat of paint, but the paint still looks impressive even in the inclement weather. Afterwards, my buddy and I headed up to Birmingham, MO to intercept the Nickel Plate heritage unit, which was the DPU on a southbound UP unit ethanol train. After a two hour wait, it finally showed up, and we came a way with a couple good shots on an otherwise dreary day.

1. UP SD70ACe No. 1983, the Western Pacific heritage unit, leads the QNLNP-21 on the UP KC Metro Sub out of Neff Yard in Kansas City, MO. 11/22/14.

2. NS ES44AC No. 8100, the Nickel Plate heritage unit, is the DPU on UP train UEEBAD-20 as it rolls through Birmingham, MO towards the Truman Drawbridge back in the distance. 11/22/14.

"Righteous" Grant G.

Date: 11/22/14 16:12
Re: WP and NKP Heritage Units in KC
Author: upheritage6

Two birds with one stone!

Date: 11/22/14 16:41
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 11/22/14 18:28
Author: JMorhaus

Hey nice work! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/22/14 18:37
Author: GP30Frank

It appears that 1983 wasn't the only one to get a fresh paint job. The UP unit ( 5149) appears to have a fresh one also.

Date: 11/22/14 18:42
Author: SP8595

Double Score:}

Date: 11/22/14 19:55
Author: arkansasrailroader

Wish I could be lucky enough to get heritage units from two railroads. I think the cloudy weather makes the color saturation better. It was almost sad to see UP 1983 leave Jenks Shops in North Little Rock on November 21. It's been here since July 28, almost 4 months and I miss seeing it every few days. There wasn't even a going away party LOL.

Date: 11/22/14 20:05
Author: SCKP187

Nice quantity and quality all in one day--I hope to get the 8100 early tomorrow morning in Oklahoma.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/23/14 16:14
Author: oklachaser

Great photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds