Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Southern Heritage

Date: 11/25/14 22:39
Southern Heritage
Author: SilvertonRR100

Finally got home and did what I could with this image. I knew when it started to rain taht the train had to be close, but I just wasn't thinking and didn't change my speed to pick up this dark image. We all live and learn, some of the time!

Southern Heritage unit, NS 8099 entering Vancouver, WA Sunday 11-23-2014 at 1230 hours with a 54 car train of auto racks.

My apologies.

Rob

Date: 11/25/14 23:24
Re: Southern Heritage
Author: upbuddyboy

Did you get a shot while it was in the siding at 39th or at Vancouver Center? I drove up to Van., but it was gone by 14:00 and too dark and wet to pursue over to T-6 where it probably was off limits anyway.

Date: 11/26/14 03:54
Author: amtrak34east

Here is what I got of it in the rain north of Centralia just before 9am 11/23/14

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Date: 11/26/14 08:06
Author: SilvertonRR100

amtrak34east Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is what I got of it in the rain north of
> Centralia just before 9am 11/23/14

Great shot. Love the rain in the headlights. PNW photography is a new challenge to this Colorado born and raise railfan!

Rob

Date: 11/26/14 08:14
Author: Seventyfive

Both photos are really excellent! Those number boards make Rob's shot especially interesting in spite of the challenging photo conditions. And Drew's photo is a classic as well; the rain illuminated by the lights, and what were the odds of seeing SOU+BNSF+CSX anywhere, let alone in Washington state? Thanks for the great pictures.

Rich

Date: 11/26/14 10:13
Author: upbuddyboy

Very nice, Drew. Can't let the weather stop you when there is something this good. I would have been out there if it weren't for church obligations
Brian

Date: 11/26/14 16:35
Author: ns1000

Nice job Drew....!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds