Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Empire Builder #8 finally gets there.

Date: 11/26/14 11:20
Empire Builder #8 finally gets there.
Author: kingman

Here is #8 arriving a modest 5hr and 13 min late to MSP on a cold grey dreary afternoon today .. Im curious Not being in the business just a fan , why is it the Empire builder is so late everyday. Is it snow and ice , conflicts with freight , mechanical issues or what. Do se not seem to conducive to getting people to ride it for business or if they have to get somewhere on time. . Me just ,means more train time but Im retired and don't care if I ever get anyplace these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/14 11:24 by kingman.

Date: 11/26/14 11:57
Re: Empire Builder #8 finally gets there.
Author: dcfbalcoS1

This has been discussed for a year I think here on TO. If you do a search you will find enough to keep you reading until after Thanksgiving.

Date: 11/26/14 12:19
Author: porkchop

Looks like the coming of the next ice age in that pic

Date: 11/26/14 13:56

porkchop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like the coming of the next ice age in that
> pic
I was watching the site for awhile to the right of the tracks there must be a pathway or road because I saw about 8 folks on what looked like snowmobiles .

Date: 11/27/14 07:15
Author: aehouse

BNSF frack sand and oil train congestion and track construction in the North Dakota Bakken field have been the primary culprits. Things have greatly improved in recent weeks. Hope the good times continue to roll.

Art House
Gettysburg, Pa.

Date: 11/30/14 08:53

If the shale production drops because of the price falling be interesting to see if it helps things.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds