Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > My Kind of Broken Record

Date: 11/26/14 12:37
My Kind of Broken Record
Author: rrartist

We all know the story, it replays endlessly in front of us daily, same power just a different day, right? Well there's something to be said about my broken record, you see, I'll never ever tire of the SD40, ever! My story today starts out with CP 608 running as the CP 8932, okay it's a start. Off to the BNSF at CP GRAF and the BNSF 9112 with the U-KEEMAD, things are looking better and then CP 470 shows up at Donehower (MN) with the CSXT 8801, need I say more?

Date: 11/26/14 12:42
Re: My Kind of Broken Record
Author: rrartist

Here's another look at CP 470 as it snakes past Dakota MN. Just when you were thinking you just caught the train of the day, along comes CP 471 with 6 RCP&E / DME SD40s. Six products of either GMD or EMD power the train into La Crosse this afternoon. Do you hear it playing, this is my kind of broken record indeed!

Date: 11/26/14 13:10
Author: santafe199

Jim, you are sitting on a gold mine of nearby shooting locations! RRs, angles, scenes, landmarks, etc. Just keep that broken record on the turntable. It'll be playing a different tune soon enough. You've proved that by avidly shooting the SD40s. Did we EVER think we would take special note of shooting some dern SD40s???

Yikes, where DID the years go... ;^)

Lance

Date: 11/26/14 13:22
Author: keysubdiv

the bracket on 8801`s pilot was the the mount for it`s
helper link control back when it was in helper service
on Conrail`s east and west slope (Altoona, Pa.)

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1330638
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=619890

twl

Date: 11/26/14 13:23
Author: LarryDoyle

And, don't quit photographing those old style four light colorlight signals, as well.

-John

Date: 11/26/14 14:40
Author: SCKP187

Oh WOW. We all wish we could see as many SD40-2s all the same paint. Thanks for showing these.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/26/14 17:05
Author: ns1000

GREAT stuff....!!! Thanks for sharing. You see all the good stuff......:<) I hope you play the lottery....!!!

Date: 11/27/14 05:53
Author: SP8595

Yea, those SD40-2 consists are pretty Awesome!

Date: 11/27/14 08:52
Author: MP90

Great stuff Jim. You sure are fortunate to live in an area with such variety and scenery. To coin a phrase from Forrest Gump. Railfanning the La Crosse area is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're going to get. :)

Date: 11/27/14 15:41
Author: 3rdswitch

When will those great lashups end? Glad you are johnny on the spot and appreciate your persistance as they WILL some day, they always do. Great bunch.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds