Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF's new Camas WA CTC Siding construction

Date: 11/26/14 23:07
BNSF's new Camas WA CTC Siding construction
Author: railstiesballast

Here are a couple of images of construction.
On the 7th I found that the East turnout panel had been installed
On the 14th I found that the rail and ties were down, and a surfacing gang was starting in on aligning the track.
I was not able to watch all the work and missed the move of the tie laying machine and the ballast train.
On the 25th I saw that the new signals were lit, and saw a westbound coal train go down the main. It may have been in service then but the rails didn't look shiny.

All summer and fall the embankment was built and the main line just east of here was shifted a bit to give a little more room for the end of siding turnout.
There is still some more surfacing and clean-up to do, plus removal of redundant signals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/14 23:26 by railstiesballast.

Date: 11/27/14 09:23
Re: BNSF's new Camas WA CTC Siding construction
Author: BobB

This is the first that I've heard of this siding. How long is it? How does it affect serving the industries in Camas? What is its purpose--I presume to allow meets between the Washougal siding and the start of double track near Eavan, or maybe to provide a new place to park trains.

Date: 11/27/14 09:57
Author: railstiesballast

There was a preceding post that showed a meet at the siding and a paragraph about where it is and why it is important.

For some reason that post, which was up last night, is gone today.

I don't understand.

I'll post the meet pictures again.

Date: 11/28/14 16:58
Author: porkchop

does Amtrak use this line?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds