Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Puget Sound & Pacific

Date: 12/19/14 10:09
Puget Sound & Pacific
Author: RS11

I was looking at several websites for the Puget Sound & Pacific Railroad as I wanted to check out their operations in the Silverdale and Bremerton, Washington area. From what I can find it seems to be a Monday through Friday operation with trains leaving for Bangor Base (US Naval Base Kitsap on the Kitsap Peninsula) from Elma at 0700. To get there it looks to me that the railroad has to run through Silverdale and along Dyes Inlet. Does the railroad still run into Bremerton? Any current information would be appreciated, especially at what times I could expect to find trains in these areas. Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all.

Date: 12/19/14 16:30
Re: Puget Sound & Pacific
Author: up833

They do run to Bangor and Bremerton as needed which isnt that often. There is a Ferrelgas spur about half way between Bremerton Jct and Silverdale (Seabeck Highway) that will hold three propane tankers. To service that spur they run to Bangor yard to run around the train. Depending on the need that could be a couple times a week. At the Bremerton Industrial Park (N of the Bremerton National airport) they service two customers. Cenex propane and Waste Management. Usually daily (I think..sometimes the UP SD 70's run through). I dont recall any current stops between Waste Management and Shelton...which can be downtown Shelton for a couple of the wood mills or at the top of the hill at Bayshore (storage tracks and a pole yard). Often a couple locos layover on the team track in downtown Shelton but I have seen them a weekend or two at Bayshore. Rarely they overnight at Waste Management. Are you getting the idea that things are very flexible? There is also a propane spur west of Shelton where the McCleary Cutoff road crosses the tracks. You might find power at Elma.
Roger Beckett

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds