Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Dunsmuir

Date: 12/19/14 12:10
Dunsmuir
Author: zfan

Is there any trains running through Dunsmuir lately, or is the web cam just not working?

Date: 12/19/14 15:45
Re: Dunsmuir
Author: boxcab

I think there are trains, but the camera operates rather strangely. Sometimes it records two minutes of nothing at all, sometimes the tail end of a train, and so on. Almost as if it were randomly recording. I do wish the autofocus was disabled and perhaps the detection area restricted to a patch covering the tracks only.

Date: 12/19/14 17:57
Author: TCnR

It was to be re-booted today so it should operate ok for a while. The storms play havoc with it for some reason. It is enclosed and it does have a UPS, I suspect it's the local ISP that glitches.

Yes, the two trigger zones are over the tracks. If I expect the Flanger or Spreader to be out I stretch the zones to include the turntable, there's no obvious reason for them to trigger outside of the two zones, but they do for some reason.

I've seen afternoons with no trains through Dunsmuir, but they usually have something running in the morning or the early evening. There had been some trackwork or bridgework going on in the Valley but I would think that's over by now. When I see the strange mode described above it's time for a re-boot, sometimes it takes a while to get access to the Depot though.

Date: 12/30/14 12:00
Author: TCnR

...or maybe not.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0223 seconds