Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunday's Cloudy Morning Blues

Date: 12/22/14 03:25
Sunday's Cloudy Morning Blues
Author: rrartist

Some days I get up pretty early, maybe too early, but I have reasons I guess, Maybe to see what's running where or to maybe see something neat, whatever. Here is Sunday morning around the La Crosse WI clouds, fog and all. The CP started the day with train 2/H20 approaching the Black River bridge, I liked the sunburst effect of the headlight / ditch lights. The next image has the CP 4421 illuminating the scene as the train passes by and lastly the CP 4421 at rest in the CP yard. It appears that this ex-Soo Line motor is a recent repaint.

Date: 12/22/14 03:30
Re: Sunday's Cloudy Morning Blues

BNSF train M-GALLAW was up next with two Canadian visitors leads by an "older" BNSF 7626. CN cowls 2402 and the 5525 look nice in their striped dress. The gray skies and clouds didn't stop me from heading over to Dakota MN for CP 287 and the DME 6069.

Date: 12/22/14 03:36

The sounds of those EMDs pounding along the river warmed my spirits as I waited in Dakota (MN)and listening to the horn echo off the surrounding bluffs reassured me that I indeed made the right decision on this gray Sunday morning. My last train was CP 281, led by a ex-Milwaukee Road motor, DME 6370 leads a BNSF Grinstein past the signal at Medary West. How fitting an ending to the cloudy Sunday morning Blues.

Date: 12/22/14 06:08
Author: SR2

Great stuff, Jim. Despite our miserable cloudy, wet weather, you
have hit the jackpot again with excellent photos!

Date: 12/22/14 07:02
Author: 3rdswitch

Jackpot indeed, excellent bunch!
JB

Date: 12/22/14 07:32
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Great catch on the second to last picture; Triclops UP SD60.

Date: 12/22/14 13:01
Author: ns1000

3rdswitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jackpot indeed, excellent bunch!
> JB

+1....!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.053 seconds