Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > unon pacific train ID help

Date: 01/29/15 12:48
unon pacific train ID help
Author: Mp423

Please if anyone could give me the symbol for the UP 9754. It is just now coming of SKOL tracks here in neodesha, ks. I believe these same two engines have done this a couple times the past couple weeks. The second unit is ex SP 6209. It seems to come from Cherryvale, kansas using SKOL trackAge rights then it heads south on the coffeyville sub. The cars are mostly if not all frack hoppers aka short hoppers. Thank you for any help!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/29/15 13:46
Re: unon pacific train ID help
Author: mexrail

Unfortunately I do not have access to operations data (TCS) anymore. Did for years even after I retired from UP as a consultant. Miss that. I am guessing you might have seen a haulage rights train. UP has haulage rights on SKOL between Winfield, KS and Coffeyville. If train came off SKOL at Neodesha to UP then either a UP crew got on or the SKOL remained and exercised trackage rights on UP south to Coffeyville rather than using its own route via Cherryvale. I am guessing the latter

The SKOL route provides a bridge for traffic between the Wichita area of UP and Coffeyville/Little Rock, etc. MP abandoned its own route between Conway Springs/Winfield/Coffeyville many years ago. Hope we get an answer, I'd like to know as well.

Mexrail

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/15 13:49 by mexrail.

Date: 01/29/15 14:37

Ref my above. I think I am wrong as I see from Goggle maps sand pit on a stub track just west of Winfied. Betting these sand cars originating there and are for dely to UP. Do I get a third guess?

Mexrail

Date: 01/29/15 14:43

mexrail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ref my above. I think I am wrong as I see from
> Goggle maps sand pit on a stub track just west of
> Winfied. Betting these sand cars originating
> there and are for dely to UP. Do I get a third
> guess?
>
> Mexrail

As many guesses as you would like lol. Why wouldn't it come from the Fredonia side of the Skol that is a direct route go winfield? I've seen this train broke up on the siding in neodeshA. Its just a weird movement for sure

Posted from Android

Date: 01/29/15 15:49
Author: SP8595

The UP train symbol was the RMINJC-22 (Rock-Mingo, TX-Neodesha, KS-Cement) It appears that this train may have been Cement cars, not frac sand.

Date: 01/29/15 15:55

SP8595 Wrote:
> The UP train symbol was the RMINJC-22 (Rock-Mingo,
> TX-Neodesha, KS-Cement) It appears that this train
> may have been Cement cars, not frac sand.

That's a lot of rock/cement going where? I understanD the symbol is just for the union pacific but that seems rather odd considering Coffeyville has a connection to the Skol too. thank you very much!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/29/15 16:08

SP8595 Wrote:
> The UP train symbol was the RMINJC-22 (Rock-Mingo,
> TX-Neodesha, KS-Cement) It appears that this train
> may have been Cement cars, not frac sand.

Ok, third guess, cement originating at Chanute or Humboldt, Ks on SKOL routed SKOL- Neodesha - UP to cement distribution facility at Mingo(Denton), TX.

Mexrail

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds