Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Trailer on flatcar watching

Date: 01/29/15 16:53
Trailer on flatcar watching
Author: RplusLJetService

Or in this case, trailer on spine-car. This was on today's UP ZBRLC seen here at Richvale, Ca. Lots of new but sometimes one-time customers on the I-5 route.

Adam

Date: 01/29/15 17:10
Re: Trailer on flatcar watching
Author: toledopatch

An instance like this may be delivery of new trailers themselves, rather than actual shipments belonging to the trailer's (future) owner.

Date: 01/29/15 18:29
Author: DLM

Note the lack of unit numbers on the trailer. When I waybill a customers private trailer for repositioning, I always add the prefix NONZ in front of the trailer number on the waybilling. NONZ generally is recognize as being a "NON" railroad owned trailer. Generally a one time move.

I do have a customer that owns 3 reefer trailers that have been modified for rail movement. We got them their own reporting marks. They run loaded in both directions with their own product on the BNSF. We do the waybilling and drayage.

Date: 01/29/15 19:48
Author: gmojim

Hobby Lobby runs their trailers east and west on the NS-KCS Meridian Speedway thru Jackson MS.

gmojim

Date: 01/29/15 20:00
Author: BigE

I was excited when I heard a Hobby Lobby was opening up close to me.

Boy was I let down...

Date: 01/29/15 21:48
Author: boltmansacto

why ?

Date: 01/29/15 23:24
Author: 4451Puff

boltmansacto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why ?

Big E probably had made the same assumption I did when I first heard of Hobby Lobby; That it would be a "big box" emporium filled with everything a hobbyist would ever want-R.C. planes, plastic car model kits, model rocketery, every scale of every model railroad manufacturer, games, puzzles, & so on. Not so. It's more Martha Stewartish home decor, scrap booking materials, art supplies etc. http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm Walking into a Hobby Lobby for the first time reminded me of the first time I bit into a bagel as a youngster-I thought it would be a giant sweet sugary mouthfull of doughnut delight-it was just doughnut shaped bread :(
(as an adult, I now appreciate a good toasted onion bagel with cream cheese & smoked salmon)

Desmond Praeztel, "4451 Puff"

Date: 01/30/15 09:02
Author: BigE

Exactly...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds