Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Weather Person Lied

Date: 01/31/15 10:58
The Weather Person Lied
Author: jkinzel

Yesterday my wife said I should take the day and go to the tracks. Done deal. The weather people said morning fog, afternoon clearing, perfect day for trains. Liars! And to add insult to injury there really was not a lot of traffic, so I was forced to work with what I had and make lemonade.

All three photos were taken at Chambers Bay Park a few miles south of Tacoma, WA on the BNSF Seattle Sub. The park and adjoining golf course were at one time two separate sand and gravel pits, the one to the north (left side of photos) was Pioneer and the other to the south was Glacier. At this time only the Pioneer pit has been developed. Part of the Glacier pit in photo 2 is a water treatment plant, still under construction and the remaining area will be developed for park use.

This park has the potential to be very rail fan friendly, unfortunately it seems the park board folks have done everything they can to do just the opposite. Still, from the pedestrian overpass to the beach one can get some decent shots even in the fog.

1. SB Coast Star Light.
2. NB Talgo. Water treatment plant in the back ground.
3. SB UP auto racks.

Date: 01/31/15 12:05
Re: The Weather Person Lied
Author: Top_Dog

When are these overpaid weatherman ever right?

Date: 01/31/15 16:38
Author: SP8595

Nice catch with the Citirail on the UP!

Date: 02/01/15 02:14
Author: TonyJ

When I hear or local weatherman forcast a 50% chance of rain, there's a 80% chance he'll be wrong.

Date: 02/01/15 03:02
Author: Thumper

Ah yes, however you did have some form of weather so that alone is your saving grace. Now what if you had decided to go to do railway photography and discovered there were no tracks, hence no trains. And
there had not been any tracks for over 30 years and the nearest operational tracks of any railway
are at least a four or five hour drive time. Then you'd be really disappointed!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0508 seconds