Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Albrae Industrial Lead (California)

Date: 02/26/15 12:38
Albrae Industrial Lead (California)
Author: cchan006

Back in July of 2012, Maxwell and I chased the night Newark Local on the Albrae Industrial Lead to end a day of railfanning the Bay Area. This move happens almost every night, usually before or after Amtrak #14 passes the area. Except in summer months where it might move at dusk, the move happens in the dark. Maxwell has some night shots in the following link:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2823092

Last Sunday, while waiting for the MRVSJ at Alviso, jmf1910 and I heard on our radios DS 58 giving signal to a local behind the MRVSJ leaving Newark Yard. I was originally going to Santa Clara to get a roster shot of the UP 9900, but changed my mind after hearing this. So after the MRVSJ rumbled past us at Alviso, we headed to the Albrae Industrial Lead near Newark to catch this rare daytime move.

All photos and videos were taken near Boyce Rd., which changes name to Cherry St. to the northwest. There was a Dodge Challenger trying to show off while I was recording video, and although it was loud to my ears, it wasn't too loud in the video clip. I was of course NOT impressed, since he didn't use his ~400 HP to chase Iowa Interstate GEVOs like me, but simply accelerated out of a railroad crossing, yawn.

- Wildflowers at Albrae Industrial Lead.
- Three video clips of the switching move on the industrial lead.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/26/15 22:31
Re: Albrae Industrial Lead (California)
Author: doge_of_pocopson

Nice. Love the EMD sound....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds