Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi Work

Date: 03/04/15 15:15
Tehachapi Work
Author: jc76

With work going on near Mojave and other places nearby how are the traffic patterns currently?......

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/04/15 17:35
Re: Tehachapi Work
Author: Cajon92

The last few times I have been up to Tehachapi traffic has been good, despite work windows. It does not seem to me they are working as many 'absolute' work windows as they were last year at this time. I remember last Spring it was tough to go up there because more than likely they would have the mountain closed for 8 hours or more. This wasn't a huge bummer however due to the lack of green hills last Spring. Not to say they aren't opening 8 (+) hour absolute work windows this season but so far this year I have not been up there during one.

I do know they are doing some major work up on the Mojave Sub this year. As one example I am aware of, they are replacing ties up on the mountain, as well as between Mojave-Rosamond-Lancaster-Palmdale.

Speaking of Tehachapi's green hills...they are looking great this year. Wildflowers are starting to bloom and the hills around Caliente/Bealville/Cliff are really looking awesome.

~Ryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/15 17:42 by Cajon92.

Date: 03/04/15 21:05
Re: Tehachapi Work
Author: DocJones

Hi Cajon 92.
Thanks for the heads-up re: how the Tehachapis look this year. I'll head up there before everything dries up.

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones Sierra Madre CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds