Train time. Angles City, The Phillipines,
Author: ATSF2324

Well, it is west of here.
Lived there in 1976.

Gus

Date: 03/04/15 17:12
Re: Train time. Angles City, The Phillipines,
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for the great memories! Stationed at Clark AB in 1970-71 and used to take many cab rides out of Angeles City back then. Met lots of friendly railroaders in the P.I.

Larry

Date: 03/04/15 19:24
Author: lynnpowell

Is the loco a GE? If so, or not, what manufacturer and model designation?

Date: 03/05/15 06:20
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

I believe all operations north out of Manila have been shut down.

Seven years ago I rode PNR from Manila to Banan.

In 2012 I rode from Manila to Ligao and that was quite an adventure. I'm not sure if the service is still running due to typhoon damage. I plan on going over there again this June.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?6,3145654,3174089#msg-3174089

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/15 06:25 by CA_Sou_MA_Agent.

Date: 03/05/15 08:51
Author: baobao

This is cool. I occasionally go through the Philippines on business and to Angeles City. I saw some tracks buried in the pavement, maybe it is close to the spot of the "before" pic. Here is an "after" pic about where the tracks are in Angeles, a "jeepney" station is in that area. They continue on to lead under a gigantic SM shopping mall, I guess there is no hope for restoration of this line. If I had known someone would post a neat "before" pic at the time I would have taken some better ones! And Angeles city is still a fascinating place.....

Date: 03/05/15 09:34
Author: TheNavigator

Thanks for posting. Wish I'd taken the time to explore the rail lines in PI with my then-new Minolta SRT-102 SLR camera when I was there in the 1970s. (Angeles City, Manila, Olongapo, Subic City, . . . . memories.)
GK (ex-USN)

Date: 09/10/16 17:49
Author: cabsignaldrop

Great photos.  Wish I could have seen it back then as oppsed to now.  For the moment, all that is running are the commuter trains around Manila and something around Legazpi City.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0763 seconds