Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Railfanning by bike in the rain

Date: 04/01/15 21:29
Railfanning by bike in the rain
Author: NH2006

1. JLH mentioned that he had not seen any cement loads to the storage facility north of Fort Collins, Colorado.  Tonight I discovered at least one reason why...maintenance work! 2. Rare 4X2 coal load, got a friendly wave from the crew.  3. Few weeks ago, was riding the Poudre trail north of Greeley and noticed that this looks like Great Western might be putting a siding here?

Date: 04/02/15 09:01
Re: Railfanning by bike in the rain
Author: highgreengraphics

Thanks - I had no idea there was M of W on the Boettcher Branch. There was a bridge inspector with a bucket truck looking under the Poudre trestle as the Local went over it on Tuesday taking only four hoppers up to Holcim, their first time up there for quite some time. The 3-unit power returned light. I also did not know GWR was doing the grading for a siding near Greeley. There is no sign of any work at all yet on the wye at Greeley, I checked last week when finished chasing UP 2001. === === = === JLH

Date: 04/02/15 12:53
Author: ns1000

Interesting pics!! I like Pic 1!!

Date: 04/02/15 15:43
Author: kwo

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <SNIP> There
> is no sign of any work at all yet on the wye at
> Greeley, I checked last week when finished chasing
> UP 2001. === === = === JLH

If I had to make a guess, I'd say they'll work on the line from Windsor and go east. That way they can be storing unit trains on any freshly-laid sidings between Windsor and Greeley. Just a guess, though.
~wko

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds