Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Depot Friday: Low Profile . . .

Date: 04/17/15 04:36
Depot Friday: Low Profile . . .
Author: SCKP187

Today's depot Friday features a few from the 50s or 60s that were built in the modernistic designs of the era.
1.    MoP Hoisington KS--at one time a crew change point on the KS-Pueblo line and now served by Watco
2.    CB&Q Oxford NE--now BNSF
3&4 Rock Island Fairfield IA--abandoned and sits next to a metal scrapper. Appeared to be an office for a credit union after the Rock left. There were some MoP cabooses and old heavyweight passengers cars on the tracks near the depot that ran into the scrapper's location.
Photos March 2015 Thanks for looking.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/17/15 04:37
Re: Depot Friday: Low Profile . . .
Author: SCKP187

last 2

Date: 04/17/15 07:28
Author: TonyJ

Back in 1991, while returning home to California after taking my mother-in-law to her 50th high school reunion at Cozad, NE, we headed south and crossed the BN tracks at Oxford. Being totally unfamiliar with the area it was all exciting when I came across a railroad. The thing I remember about the Oxford depot waiting room was there were seats for just six people. I suppose it wasn't a busy line back in the old days, with secondary passenger train operations. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/15 07:29 by TonyJ.

Date: 04/17/15 11:31
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for another nice tour of classic looking depots, these with a different look to them. The second picture from Oxford, NE reminds me of the old SP depot at Oxnard, CA.

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/15 11:32 by Ritzville.

Date: 04/17/15 13:42
Author: Alexmarissa

I love these photos!  Especially the first photo- looks like my old elementary school.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds