Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Foreigners For Friday

Date: 04/17/15 08:39
Foreigners For Friday
Author: CP_M260

It's been a while since I've shared any photos here on TO, but over the last few weeks, but in that time I've caught a few trains on both the BNSF & UP in and around Kansas City with some interesting and or foreign power. There isn't much of a theme to these photos other than foreign power, just a group of photos I needed an excuse to edit and get off my desktop! 

Enjoy!

1. Eddyville, IA - Bovina, TX sweet bran loads roll across the KCT Highline to Argentine at BN Xing with BNSF & FXE power - Kansas City, MO - 3/21/15
2. NS X8E-01 (Xtra Grain Loads - Decatur, IL - Kansas City, KS Interchange) rolls past KCUS with a rainbow of power, including an out of place RCPE SD40-2. At BNSF's Argentine Yard, this train would become a G KCKFTX5 01A, for Friona, TX - Kansas City, MO - 4/01/15
3. UP 7964 - the 5,000th Evolution Series Locomotive - leads train KG4GS01 (Intermodal - Global 4 [Joliet, IL] - Global Gateway South [San Pedro, CA]) West at Bonner Springs, KS - note the friendly wave from the conductor! - 4/02/15

Date: 04/17/15 08:48
Re: Foreigners For Friday

4. FXE 4094 leads BNSF train X MIISJO5 08A (Empty Grain - Mitchell, IL - St. Joseph, MO) past the timetable location of Floyd, just South of Orrick, MO - 4/08/15

5. Having nothing better to wait for, my shooting partner and I chased the FXE-led train to Kansas City, to catch it along the Kansas City Terminal Mainline. We settled for a shot of the Grand Ave overpass, and waited for nearly 40 minutes in the blazing sun while the train picked up a pilot to take it North across the Hannibal Bridge. As the clouds started rolling in, I remarked "the train must be getting close, the clouds are everywhere now!" - and sure enough, as soon as the clouds completely obscured all 3 mainlines, the train came screaming towards us. The railfan [deity of your choice] must not have been completely spiteful that day, as a lucky break in the clouds allowed just enough sunlight to breifly illuminate the nose of the lead unit as it crossed mains. 

6. A pair of CN SD75Is lead a WB BNSF oil train through the Old Union Depot Interlocker in Kansas City's West Bottoms - 4/11/15

Date: 04/17/15 08:53

7. CSXT 790 leads UP train MKCAS13 (Manifest - Kansas City, MO - Gateway Yard, IL [Alton & Southern]) through the reverse curve at Levasy, MO - 4/13/15
8. One of the few remaining un-patched SP AC4400s, SP 352 serves as a lone DP on UP train IDULB15 (Intermodal - Dupo, IL - Long Beach, CA) as it snakes its way through the West Bottoms near CP K001 Hickory Street - Kansas City, MO - 4/15/15
9. Relocating about 20(ish) miles West, I caught up with the 352 once more, seen here passing the Sunflower Cement Plant at Bonner Springs, KS.

Thanks for looking,
-Dalton  

Date: 04/17/15 13:58
Author: Ritzville

Really enjoyed all your NICE shots, especially SP 332 as a DP unit. Won't see them too much longer. Definately miss the SP.

Larry

Date: 04/17/15 16:22
Author: ns1000

GREAT stuff...!! Thanks for posting.

Date: 04/17/15 19:51
Author: twjurgens

Neat stuff!

Date: 04/17/15 20:20
Author: SCKP187

Super set of photos. Not one thing alike---that's hard to find on UP and BNSF.  Thank goodness for run-through power as it sure does make for great ocassions and lets us see parts of the rest of the states.
Brian Stevens

Date: 04/18/15 15:18
Author: SP8595

Pool is cool:} Super series of shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0602 seconds