Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Attention NM & TX Train Chasers --- Upcoming AAPRCO Special

Date: 04/17/15 12:04
Attention NM & TX Train Chasers --- Upcoming AAPRCO Special
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Anyone planning on chasing and photographing the upcoming AAPRCO special?  If so, please post your pics here!

Last I heard, the train will consist of an Amtrak locomotive and private cars Berlin, Dearing, Caritas, Cimmaron River, Birch Grove, Moonlight Dome, Dagny Taggart, Silver Iris, J Pinkney Henderson and Puget Sound.

Subject to change, of course. 

On Sunday April 19th, the special train will depart Albuquerque and travel over BNSF to Lubbock TX. Parked overnight at Lubbock TX.

Albuquerque, NM 8:00 AM via NMRX, BNSF and Amtrak line to Belen
Belen, NM 8:30 AM join BNSF trans-con line headed east
Texico, TX 1:10 PM join BNSF former ATSF line to Lubbock
Lubbock, TX 4:00 PM parking at BNSF yard

On Monday April 20th, the special train will depart Lubbock and travel over BNSF to Houston TX. Parked overnight at the Amtrak station in Houston.

Lubbock, TX 6:00 AM via BNSF former ATSF line to Temple, TX
Brownwood, TX 12:00 NOON
Temple, TX 4:00 PM via BNSF line to Somerville, TX
Somerville, TX 5:30 PM join BNSF line to Navasota and Dobbin, TX
Dobbin, TX 7:00 PM join BNSF line south to Houston, TX
Houston, TX 9:15 PM wye train east of station. Pull south past switch, reverse move to properly point train, pull forward to Amtrak station. 
Houston, TX 9:30 PM Amtrak station for overnight parking

On Tuesday April 21st, the special train will depart Houston on UP to Rosenburg , then on the BNSF line (UP trackage rights) to Sealy, then on UP's former MKT line Sealy - LaGrange - San Marcos, and finally from San Marcos to San Antonio on the UP route of Amtrak's Texas Eagle. The special train terminates at San Antonio.

Houston, TX 8:00 AM via UP former SP Sunset Route
Rosenburg, TX 9:30 AM join BNSF line to Sealy. UP has trackage rights on BNSF.
Sealy, TX 10:30 AM join UP former MKT line west to San Marcos, TX
San Marcos, TX 3:00 PM join UP Amtrak line to San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX 5:00 PM park at Amtrak station or former SP shops

SOURCE:
http://aaprco.com/convention/2015midterm/2015sanantonio.html

Date: 04/17/15 12:52
Re: Attention NM & TX Train Chasers --- Upcoming AAPRCO Special
Author: NormSchultze

So, about 48 axles.  I'll be listening for it.

Date: 04/17/15 13:30
Author: sptno

I am planning on heading over to Smithville to see if I can catch the train between Houston and San Marcos.

Date: 04/17/15 13:41
Author: judahrice

Gonna try to see it in San Antonio on Friday....

Date: 04/17/15 14:41
Author: Pullman

If anyone would like to share, I can use photos or movies for both the AAPRCO Blog and Facebook page. Drop me a private message.

Thanks.

http://aaprco.com/publicblog/

https://www.facebook.com/aaprco

Date: 04/17/15 16:03
Author: NormSchultze

Accoding to intellicast, the farther west the special comes, the worse the weather and cloud cover.  I'm such a joyfull person today....

Date: 04/17/15 16:33
Author: kd0086

Since the Warren & Evelyn Henry are station at the Amtrak station here in Houston. I wonder if they will be joining them on the run from Houston to San Antonio.

Date: 04/17/15 20:06
Author: TexasChief

Yes, we will be added to the rear of the consist upon its arrival in Houston. Thanks for thanking about us. Patrick

Date: 04/18/15 00:10
Author: bradleymckay

Will the girls be waiving to the train from that little "shack outside LaGrange"?

Allen

Date: 04/18/15 20:28
Author: kd0086

Cool, that is going to make the train even better. I am going to pick it up at West Jct. on UP's Glidden and follow it along Hwy 90 West (South Main) to Rosenberg. Then Hwy 36 along BNSF Galveston Sub to Sealy. With all the new double track work going between West Jct. and Rosenberg, ( replacing track on the original main, building new bridges, redoing the grade crossings and installing new signals ) I would be surprise if the train makes it all the way to Rosenberg without stopping somewhere along that part of the route. Lots of freight traffic and maybe some great photo ops.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/15 21:17 by kd0086.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0489 seconds