Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The "other" trains of Yesterday

Date: 04/18/15 07:18
The "other" trains of Yesterday
Author: funnelfan

With the H-PASNTW in Spokane, I doubled back to bottom end of Empire that crosses over Latah Creek to await the H-PASKCK that was hauling the tenders. But first was a empty Crude oil train that was part of a four train fleet of eastbounds that had been bunched up behind the Northtown train by MOW windows. A group of kids playing in the creek soon became interested in what I was waiting on. I explained that a train was due soon that I wanted to photograph the scene. Of course the kids had to watch the train then. Unfortunately they had missed the first train with the steam locomotive. The kids were back to playing in the creek by the time the third train arrived.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/18/15 07:30
Re: The "other" trains of Yesterday
Author: funnelfan

Sunset Jct itself became the scene of congestion due to the fleet of Eastbounds, but also due to some less than brillant dispatching. For whatever reason the dispatcher had the Q-SSECHC pull down across the Latah Creek High Bridge to wait on the H-PASNTW to clear Sunset Jct. That blocked the Q-SPOPTL from leaving town, which also delayed the Q-CHCSSE behind it. I will round out the series with a another shot of the H-PASNTW at Keystone, WA.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/18/15 08:14
Author: Ritzville

Another series of Nice shots Ted! I like the Keystone shot!

Larry

Date: 04/18/15 09:53
Author: 494

I agree, enjoyable series.

Date: 04/18/15 14:14
Author: gobbl3gook

Nice pics, as always.  And I appreciate how you take the time to label them with your handle and the location.  

Ted in OR

Date: 04/19/15 06:41
Author: oklachaser

Another great series of photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds