Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > They're Here!!!

Date: 04/24/15 08:21
They're Here!!!
Author: Auburn_Ed

Despite cooler temperature, reptilian activity has definately started for this year in the Northwest.  Standing at a very popular railfan "take photo here" location for the first shot of the eastbound U.P. train, I looked down to see this fellow a couple feet away.  Only two feet long, he's a young one.  Not to be confused with a Rattler, he's a Gopher, or Bull Snake.  Good for all of us.  Taken at The Deschutes River, the BNSF line can be  seen up on the hill.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 08:22 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 04/24/15 08:27
Re: They're Here!!!
Author: jkinzel

Well, I guess I'll be waiting until October to go to Ritzville and surrounding area.

John

Date: 04/24/15 14:07
Author: BillMarvel

Harmless Bull Snake. Think of it as a highly mobile rodet trap.

Date: 04/24/15 16:17
Author: moltensulphur

Is that a dinosaur egg he's coiled around?

Date: 04/24/15 19:32
Author: 70ACE

jkinzel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I guess I'll be waiting until October to go
> to Ritzville and surrounding area.
>
> John

If you go looking for them (while scouting for that good fanning location) you'll be less likely to get surprised by them. Take along a ski pole or long-handled light shovel to prodd them out of your filming zone...

Date: 04/25/15 10:04
Author: spider1319

I have stood right by them (the kind with the ringers)while getting my shot and not niticed them until after the photo, much to my surprise.Always look but never seems to matter.Bill Webb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0287 seconds