Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > This morning on the DP

Date: 04/25/15 10:17
This morning on the DP
Author: Bob3985

Upon returning home from my over night in Denver attending band night at my favorite German restaurant I always head back to Cheyenne via US 85 to check out the UP's Denver line. As I started north at 104th street the auto empties were staged in the siding at Rolla awaiting power and a crew to head north. Then up at LaSalle one of the locals was sitting in the siding facing south with the headlights on and the Dent branch had a train of short covered hoppers parked on it. At Greeley there was a southbound in the north end of the siding and at the Gill Junction spur was the maintenance ballast cleaner equipment. At Eaton I saw the southbound coming which was a coal load. At Ault was a south bound loaded rail train and at Nunn was the northbound morning stack/manifest train with the main street crossing cut so I suspect the train was tied up there as I saw no crew around.
Not a bad morning on the ole Denver Pacific.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/25/15 20:38
Re: This morning on the DP
Author: UP951West

One of my favorite stretches of the UP is the DP. Thanks for your interesting report, Bob.
--Kelly

Date: 04/25/15 20:58
Author: SilvertonRR100

Bob3985 Wrote:
---------------------------. At
> Eaton I saw the southbound coming which was a coal
> load. 

Was that a train from Utah or Western Colorado that went over the transcon. or what??

Rob

Date: 04/26/15 00:53
Author: upheritage6

SilvertonRR100 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bob3985 Wrote:
> ---------------------------. At
> > Eaton I saw the southbound coming which was a
> coal
> > load. 
>
> Was that a train from Utah or Western Colorado
> that went over the transcon. or what??
>
> Rob
Probably came from Powder River.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/15 14:20
Author: Bob3985

Rob,
I agree with the others in that I believe it comes out of Powder River and destined for a plant in Texas.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds